The Lincolnshire Bird Club

The LBC Forum. To register on this forum YOU must NOW be a member of the LBC - see Membership Page for details.
To join the LBC Forum you must be a Member of the Lincolnshire Bird Club - Click here for Membership Information
If you would like to post an item, but ARE NOT a forum member please submit information using the Record Form: if suitable the information will be posted on the LBC Forum on your behalf.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:58 am

LBC Homepage - The Photo Album - Submit a Record (for Non-members)/ or Request - LBC Forum Information and Access Help - Forum Information

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
 Post subject: Re: My Garden
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:29 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Jan 28th: LT Tit - 2 plus usual gang.
Jan 31st: male Sprawk in cherry tree just missed out again, Blackbird - 5 still getting the berries with lots left, Greenfinch - 16 most in a long time plus lots of others.

Feb 1st: another visit from male Sprawk made a pass in back garden and left without its dinner.
Feb 2nd: Goldcrest (08:45) on fat balls and lilac plus usual gang.
Feb 5th: Goldcrest (16:00) in lilac.
Feb 6th: Goldcrest (09:00) on fat balls, Blue Tit - 2, Great Tit - 2, Dunnock, Robin, C Dove - 9, W Pigeon - 2, Feral Pigeon - 1, Blackbird - 5, Jackdaw, Crow, Rook, Common Gull - 6, Greenfinch - 9, Chaffinch - 11, Magpie - 3, Goldfinch - 12, Spugs - 30 and Starling - 15.

Although I miss going to my patch due to lack of transport and illness I'm certainly well attended in the garden, and as long as I see the Goldcrest am well happy.

Kind regards

John :D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:46 am 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Feb 20th : LT Tit plus usual gang.
Feb 27th : Common Gull - 6 on garage roof, Dunnock - 2 etc.

March 3rd: Coal Tit.
March 6th; LT Tit, Great Tit & Blue Tit - 2 of each etc.
March 8th: Dunnock - 2, 13 Spuggys taking turns having a bath in the upturned water butt lid etc.
March 12th: Had a in-garden tick, I'd put some scraps on garage roof and the local Common Gulls - 20 and 2 Black-head Gulls brought a pal a LBB Gull and it managed to get some scraps, (also had 3 Magpie, two Rooks, one Crow and three Jackdaws grabbing a few scraps, really enjoyed the gulls/corvid visit), I've had them fly over lots but never landed, they certainly make the commons look small especially at close range.

Never did get any Waxwings and there was loads of assorted berries, and still lots of Ivy berries.

On Friday afternoon (17th) I was taken out and I asked to have a ride down Black Bank/Carr Dyke area, I noticed one of the fields near the latter is flooded and saw what looked like two waders but as I hadn't my bins couldn't check, a few years back the field next to it was good for waders. So roll on a few months and with a bit of luck i'll be mobile again and checking that field out along with the rest of my patch [-o< [-o< [-o<

Kind regards

John

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:25 am 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

March 22nd: Chiffchaff in back garden :D .
March 26th: Blue Tit - 3, Great Tit - 2, Blackbird - 2m eating Ivy berries and Dunnock - 1 plus usual gang.

Cheers

John

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:05 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

April 11th: Swallow.

Got usual crew in both gardens with at least three Blackbird nests, noticed two Dunnock in the back, had two Great Tit checking out the bird box, nothing has ever nested in it in 18 years but its an hidey hole for insects. Got the damn feral pigeons in neighbour hood.

April 3rd had a rare trip out with a friend, she was attending PDH, so we had an hour sat on a seat on the sea front at Cleggy, I'd taken bins and spotted a few waders and cormorants. On way home a Buzzard over Forest Pines. Okay not exactly "my garden" but enjoyable never the less.

Kind regards

Max :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:00 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Time for an update:

May 2nd - 4th: juv Dunnock being fed by adult.
May 28th: Great Tit - 2 juvs, Starling - 7 juvs, Blue Tit - 1 and Greenfinch - 1.
May 31st: Jackdaw - 2 on fat ball feeder (took pics).

June 3rd: Sparrow - 4 + 2 juv, Wood Pigeon - 4, C Dove - 1, Greenfinch - 2, Chaffinch - 2, Dunnock - 2 juvs, Great Tit - 2 juvs, Blackbird - 1, Common Gull - 6, Jackdaw - 2, Magpie - 1, Starling - 7 juvs.
June 16th: Sprawk - 1 female overhead and Rook - 12.
June 20th: Chaffinch - 2 + 2 juvs.
June 21st: Greenfinch - 2.

The Sparrows occupy the three peanut feeders in front garden, usually there are upwards of dozen of late, every day. In the back garden there is a Blackbird's nest in the lilac nearest kitchen window, the pair are feeding the young in nest.

The male Blackbird has been here a few years, he has some feathers missing near his beak and of late has a gammy leg. Until recently he has liked nothing better than snacking on the cats biscuits, in fact it always seems to be waiting for me to get up (don't usually rise till midday but I don't get to bed till three or four in the morning) and when I draw the kitchen curtains it is perched on the clothes post, I put a little bit of cat food and biscuits on top of the bunker and come in, then it flies down and over a thirty minute period takes food, sometimes the female takes turns. Before the nest was built it had the food itself now the juvs get it, I find it fascinating.

Seen one juv Blackbird that left a nest and started feeding itself about three weeks ago, that nest was behind garage. Not seen it since. Also two weeks ago I found a dead male Blackbird in back garden that looked as if it was sunbathing, no idea how it died.

The Wood Pigeons and Collared Doves are an everyday thing kicking up a row. My nickname for both is "hoover" which doesn't take much working out why :wink: Of late the Greenfinch and Chaffinch have returned, the latter with young. Saw a couple of Goldfinch at far end but no juvs. The Rooks seem to have taken to a couple of trees in the old school yard, I would imagine they are part of the rookery at YWT works nearby.

Still seeing a few Common Gull over and it was nice to see the female Sprawk over recently.

Not got any wheels yet, my mate said I spend too much time procrastinating :lol: but I have now got a bus pass :)

Well that's all for now.

Kind regards

John

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:37 am 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

July 8th: Spuggy feeding juv in privet.
July 14/15/17th: juv Dunnock, 3 juv Blue Tit and 1 adult + 1 juv Great Tit, pair of Blackbird + 1 juv and c40 Jackdaw.
July 26th: Dunnock - 2, Robin + 1 juv plus the above.

Aug 6th: Swift - 12.
Aug 16th: Goldfinch - 2 and juv Blackbird on the Rowan.
Aug 22nd: juv Dunnock, 2 juv Blackbird + adult male and 12 Spuggy having a bath.
Aug 26th: juv Robin.

Sept 19th: Blue and Great Tits, Greenfinch and Goldfinch, Spuggys, Blackbird and Robin.
Sept 20th: 12 Geese over going N/E at 19:30.
Sept 23rd: Blue Tit - 6 eating Cotoneaster berries, Great Tit - 1 & Coal Tit - 2 taking peanuts/sunflower hearts, Chaffinch - 2, Greenfinch - 2, Wood Pigeon - 1, C Dove - 1, Spuggy - 6.
Sept 28th: female Sprawk with C Dove in back garden :D

Good to finish the month on a Sprawk, not seen one for months.

Kind regards

Max :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:45 am 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Nov 18th:

Robin, two Dunnock, Blue/Great Tits, Greenfinch, Goldfinch, Blackbird - 6, Starlings, Spugs - 20, Wood Pigeons, C Doves, Chaffinches, Rook - 11 over and Greylag - c30 over.

Cheers

John

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:18 am 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Nov 19th: Coal Tit
Nov 23rd: Rose-ringed Parakeet on conifer, seen/pic/video by neighbour.

Nov 30th: 08:30 - 09:00 Rose-ringed Parakeet (report on LBS) with pics/video in poor light but good enough to ID.
LT Tit, Coal Tit, Great Tit - 2, Blue Tit - 3, Robin, Blackbird, Starling - 6, Chaffinch - 2, C Dove - 2, W Pigeon - 2, Spugs - 6 and Goldfinch - 6.

Regards

JTG :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17