The Lincolnshire Bird Club

The LBC Forum. To register on this forum YOU must NOW be a member of the LBC - see Membership Page for details.
To join the LBC Forum you must be a Member of the Lincolnshire Bird Club - Click here for Membership Information
If you would like to post an item, but ARE NOT a forum member please submit information using the Record Form: if suitable the information will be posted on the LBC Forum on your behalf.

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:08 pm

LBC Homepage - The Photo Album - Submit a Record (for Non-members)/ or Request - LBC Forum Information and Access Help - Forum Information

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Epipactis dunensis
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:03 pm 

Dune Helleborine reputedly formerly occurred at Crowle Moors LWT , howver according to the LWT website it hasn't been seen for several years. Unless the habitat has changed dramatically then I find this a little surprising & wonder if it might still be there , lurking in the undergrowth as they do. I am intending to search for it at some point this summer & obviously it would be nice to know exactly where the plants were formerly. Does anyone have this information or know where I might get it ?

This site is well away from any other dunensis population & is thus very interesting. The plants were apparently never subjected to DNA analysis so there remains the possibility that they were not actually this species. A population of supposed E leptochila in the Chilterns, which actually appear to be depauperate E helleborine, has recently caused me much confusion.

Any info gratefully received.

Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:16 am 

I'll take that as a negative ( or nobody interested as it's not a Pipit - incidentally the call of BBP ( at least japonicus ) is very distinctive. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:18 pm 

Hi Mark, I suspect the people with the necessary in-depth knowledge may not read this forum, but rest assured I for one read your post with much interest.
Incidentally, I'm sure there was an old record of Dune Helleborine from the Osgodby area (apologies if I am wrong, I'm going purely on my unreliable memory here) that may or may not have been an accurate identification. It is often very hard to track down any details of these old records as I am sure you have discovered!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:54 pm 

Steve

Yes, looks like you're right. I have been given one email address which I'll follow up , otherwise I'll go & look anyway. Once you get your eye in.......

Regards

Mark

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]