The Lincolnshire Bird Club

The LBC Forum. To register on this forum YOU must NOW be a member of the LBC - see Membership Page for details.
To join the LBC Forum you must be a Member of the Lincolnshire Bird Club - Click here for Membership Information
If you would like to post an item, but ARE NOT a forum member please submit information using the Record Form: if suitable the information will be posted on the LBC Forum on your behalf.

It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 3:50 pm

LBC Homepage - The Photo Album - Submit a Record (for Non-members)/ or Request - LBC Forum Information and Access Help - Forum Information

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: My Garden
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:45 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

For the past few weeks noticed Hedgehog droppings in back garden. Also spotted a small gap being made under my fence in driveway and same with next doors. This afternoon while painting the back window ledge noticed it scuttle across the grass. Being nocturnal I wondered if it was okay. It made it's way up towards me so I went and got a saucer of water and placed it close to where it was and went in. It came under the cotoneaster and then had a good drink.

Then it continued on it's way and stopped directly underneath the bird feeders and started eating sunflower hearts, thought that a bit strange. Fetched camera and started taking a few pics and also some video. It certainly didn't look ill or underweight, unless it's pregnant. managed to get quite a bit of interesting film of it.

Watched it for best part of an hour in between painting. It covered the full perimeter of garden [ 70' x 40' ]and tried to get into another garden that backs on to me, but would have needed a ladder! Because it couldn't get underneath the wire, it then went back up the garden for some more sunflower hearts.

I dug a few worms up and put them near it, but it wasn't interested. Finally got a tin of dog food from next door and put some on a plate only for the neighbourhood moggy to scoff it, so placed some where it couldn't find it.

Looking forward to the sound of many tiny feet. Wouldn't be first time we have had baby hedgehogs in garden but not for many years.

WATCH THIS SPACE!

Max

Post subject: Re: My Garden
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:11 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Had a first last night, spotted a Squirrel on the fence wagging it's tail and the moggy eyeing it up, never seen one in the area before, maybe it's come from Silica Park. Just wondering what may arrive next, a Fox maybe.

Things just get better in the garden [my own little nature reserve].

Regards

John

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]