The Lincolnshire Bird Club

The LBC Forum. To register on this forum YOU must NOW be a member of the LBC - see Membership Page for details.
To join the LBC Forum you must be a Member of the Lincolnshire Bird Club - Click here for Membership Information
If you would like to post an item, but ARE NOT a forum member please submit information using the Record Form: if suitable the information will be posted on the LBC Forum on your behalf.

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:54 am

LBC Homepage - The Photo Album - Submit a Record (for Non-members)/ or Request - LBC Forum Information and Access Help - Forum Information

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Blackbird LC01674
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:19 am 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

I'll report this to BTO anyway, but as it could well be local, thought I might ask here. Does anyone know the ringing details of a Blackbird LC01674. This was found dead in George Street, Louth (cause unknown) by my brother in law on 21st February 2013. Assumed to be female ("not orange bill").

Interestingly, despite being reasonably sensible and my sister having been related to a bird spotter for 55 years, they were perplexed by the 'Inform Brit Mus' message. It makes you wonder how many are just thrown away. I believe BTO is trialling a web address, is that right? Maybe they already use it on some sizes.

Andrew

Post subject: Re: Blackbird LC01674
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:33 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Morning Andrew,
The ring is allocated to one of the Mid-Lincs Ringing Group who lives in Louth - I will get ringing details from him and forward them to you by private message.
Stuart

Post subject: Re: Blackbird LC01674
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:52 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Andrew,

The BTO does put its web address on some of the larger sizes, but clearly there isn't room to put it on small rings in addition to a postal address. They experimented with using a BTO address instead of the Brit Museum address on some sizes (even alternating on successive rings), but the result was not favourable, specially from abroad. The Brit Museum address is internationally recognised. I doubt that any local picking up a Little Ringed Plover in Burkina Faso in deepest Africa will have access to the web.......and yes we have had a Lincolnshire ringed one reported from there by post.

Alan

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]