The Lincolnshire Bird Club

The LBC Forum. To register on this forum YOU must NOW be a member of the LBC - see Membership Page for details.
To join the LBC Forum you must be a Member of the Lincolnshire Bird Club - Click here for Membership Information
If you would like to post an item, but ARE NOT a forum member please submit information using the Record Form: if suitable the information will be posted on the LBC Forum on your behalf.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:42 pm

LBC Homepage - The Photo Album - Submit a Record (for Non-members)/ or Request - LBC Forum Information and Access Help - Forum Information

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: RRP
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:09 am 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

All this week my next door neighbour has been telling me about a parrot like bird landing on my conifer in back garden, but each time its come I've been in bed. Then yesterday (30-11) I got up at 08:30 and noticed a lot of activity in a hawthorn tree three doors away, then all the birds flew past my back window including the parrot like bird.

Got camera, bins and scope plus cap and scarf and ventured out back hoping it had returned, it had, but on another tree further away, got some pics, then it landed on the hawthorn and got stuck into the berries, so took more pics and video, light was poor but still took them.

Last night checked online guides and videos and the bird is a female or juvenile Rose-ringed Parakeet, a new tick :shock: .

My neighbour told me six weeks ago about a long-tailed and light-coloured bird that had been on my conifer and probably hawthorn, but I'd never seen it, I rarely get up before midday and it always came in a morning.

Cheers

JTG

Post subject: Re: RRP
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:10 am 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

The virtues of patience and dedication - well done, John

Post subject: Re: RRP
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:20 am 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Jim Wright wrote:
The virtues of patience and dedication - well done, John

Patience has come with age thankfully. The bird must have known I don't usually do mornings :wink: but it was starting to pee me off that I wasn't seeing it, so made the ultimate sacrifice and went without my usual 8 hours and thankfully it paid off. But I made up for the lost sleep and had a 4 hour kip in the afternoon =D>

Cheers

John

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]