The Lincolnshire Bird Club

The LBC Forum. To register on this forum YOU must NOW be a member of the LBC - see Membership Page for details.
To join the LBC Forum you must be a Member of the Lincolnshire Bird Club - Click here for Membership Information
If you would like to post an item, but ARE NOT a forum member please submit information using the Record Form: if suitable the information will be posted on the LBC Forum on your behalf.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:49 pm

LBC Homepage - The Photo Album - Submit a Record (for Non-members)/ or Request - LBC Forum Information and Access Help - Forum Information

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:36 pm 
North Lincs Bird Recorder
North Lincs Bird Recorder

Dear John,

I hope you don't mind me contacting you directly, I received your email address from the British Bird website: https://britishbirds.co.uk/birding-reso ... corders-2/

To quickly introduce myself, my name is Dan and I am one of the project managers with Operation Wallacea, an organisation that runs conservation projects in a number of richly biodiverse areas and important conservation zones across the world. I'm currently looking to recruit an ornithologist for a position in our Greece project on Samos Island. The aim of the position would be to complete point count surveys around a number of sites on the island to collect identification data on migratory birds passing through the area. It's a key spot for migration routes between Asia, Africa and Europe but there are also a number of sites we monitor that are potentially crucial for wading birds and greater flamingos as well, so we want to analyse the impact of these habitats on these species.

The project itself runs from 9th June through to 3rd August and is largely schools - based. The way we operate is through the tuition of these school groups (typically students aged 16 - 18 currently studying some form of biology or geography at A-level/IB/College etc.) and therefore there is an element of customer service and education involved with the role as well.

If you, or anyone that you may know within your birding area, would be interested in this position I would be greatful if you would pass on this email and my contact details to them.

Kind regards,
Dan
--

Dan Ward | Fundraising Officer and Ecuador Country Manager | www.opwall.com | +44 1790 763194
Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter and Instagram | Subscribe to us on Youtube

Operation Wallacea is registered in England and Wales.
Registered office: Wallace House, Old Bolingbroke, Lincolnshire, PE23 4EX

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]