The Lincolnshire Bird Club

The LBC Forum. To register on this forum YOU must NOW be a member of the LBC - see Membership Page for details.
To join the LBC Forum you must be a Member of the Lincolnshire Bird Club - Click here for Membership Information
If you would like to post an item, but ARE NOT a forum member please submit information using the Record Form: if suitable the information will be posted on the LBC Forum on your behalf.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:45 pm

LBC Homepage - The Photo Album - Submit a Record (for Non-members)/ or Request - LBC Forum Information and Access Help - Forum Information

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Morvern (Highlands)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:28 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

In 2008 I went to the Morvern area and stayed at Fisherman's Cottage at Drimnin it overlooked the Sound of Mull and the Isle of Mull, the views were stunning and so was the Pine Marten/s that visited almost every evening as long as we put out jam sandwiches for it ( no butter thank you) they preferred raspberry but also had the apricot but not as often. Otters are also seen with a good selection of birds etc. We visited the first week in September and we were well satisfied. My report is in the Non Lincs section titled Scotland (Morvern) for those interested in finding out more.

I will be returning this year and look very much forward to seeing the area again.

Kind regards

John

Last edited by John T Goy on Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:12 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Remote Morvern
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:11 am 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Was there from May 17-31st 2014, nothing changed except no visits from the Pine Martens and little or no views from the Otters, but as it was a different time of year maybe it was to be expected.

Report now in Non Lincs Section.

Kind regards

John

PS: I had booked two weeks late August into September but sadly my health wasn't good enough for me to return, in which case I not only lost out visiting an area I really like I also lost the holiday and the cost of it!!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]