The Lincolnshire Bird Club

The LBC Forum. To register on this forum YOU must NOW be a member of the LBC - see Membership Page for details.
To join the LBC Forum you must be a Member of the Lincolnshire Bird Club - Click here for Membership Information
If you would like to post an item, but ARE NOT a forum member please submit information using the Record Form: if suitable the information will be posted on the LBC Forum on your behalf.

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:49 am

LBC Homepage - The Photo Album - Submit a Record (for Non-members)/ or Request - LBC Forum Information and Access Help - Forum Information

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: A contemplation
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:59 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

When you watch the exceptional wildlife programs on the TV you are spoiled with intimate close ups of all sorts of wild things from around the World. Jaw dropping clarity and extra dimensional super slow motion. A real life wildlife walk can pale from this but listen.......They design their programs for impact and for popularity and they are good at it. There is an essential difference to being out there yourself and I realised this the other day. I shuffled, fairy step by fairy step, towards fieldfare gorging on hawthorn berries. I got as close as I dare and then drank in the deep satisfaction of seeing these travelers satiate that most basic feeling of hunger. They are also such parcels of pleasing colours. The most important thing though, and this is the winning difference to TV, is the reason I was watching. I was drawn by my own interest from deep inside to study and enjoy what I was seeing. I was my own producer, planner, cameraman, scheduler. This was first hand, undiluted, physical, multi-sensual and intense wildlife watching; unique to me. Do it.

Post subject: Re: A contemplation
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:48 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

I'll do it - after a pint of what you had! Happy New Year, Andy.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]