The Lincolnshire Bird Club

The LBC Forum. To register on this forum YOU must NOW be a member of the LBC - see Membership Page for details.
To join the LBC Forum you must be a Member of the Lincolnshire Bird Club - Click here for Membership Information
If you would like to post an item, but ARE NOT a forum member please submit information using the Record Form: if suitable the information will be posted on the LBC Forum on your behalf.

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:19 pm

LBC Homepage - The Photo Album - Submit a Record (for Non-members)/ or Request - LBC Forum Information and Access Help - Forum Information

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: drivel
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:54 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Mr xxxxx comments are completely out of order. How anyone on the site can expect new and young members to join is beyond me. He is exactly th type of border I can't stand to meet out in the field. Some one who knows everything and expects everybody to be at the same expert level. Maybe a new site should be formed for the know it all's an this one left for the more polite and sociable people. If you can say anything good say nothing at all. Jon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:56 am 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Post subject: Re: drivel
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:20 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Some people on here need to stop being so precious, Mr B's comments were brusque, which if you bird with him, you know is his character :evil: . However, he is generous with his time and extremely helpful when you need it.

The comment from Mr. W was unnecessary, as there was obviously no attempt to 'suppress' the whereabouts of the Snow Bunts. Derrick just asked if they were in the usual place, which most local birders will know, rather than wasting time typing the full position.

Having myself upset certain members with my comments, I know how easy it is to rub up people the wrong way.

The members of this forum cover all aspects of humanity, birding knowledge and temperament. There isn't a need to set up the LBC Independence Brigade, just learn that everybody isn't the same.

As it stands, i can't see much longevity in the forum as so many sightings are not being reported on here, especially by birders who prefer to use their blogs / twitter feeds to inform.

Yours stepping on toes
James

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:45 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

I don't like his character. The fact that the item was locked so quickly and the someone comes on saying don't be precious speaks volumes. I am not renewing my membership because I can't stand and don't need to like sneering knowitalls

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:37 am 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Jon, there is no reason to not renew your membership because you don't like someones (or more) attitude on the forum.

Pay your money so the Club can still produce the Reports. Then avoid the forum or contribute to the forum and just avoid the posts by people you aren't keen on.

James

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:19 am 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Jon,
I have known you for many years and respect your views. I have also been controversial on this Forum in the past but realise that it is only a small part of the role of the LBC. There are quite a few contributors who I don't agree with but it I will still remain a member - I hope you will reconsider withdrawing your membership.
Best wishes,
Stuart

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:11 am 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Jon,

Don't take DB's comments to heart!

I have upset quite a few over the years and vice-versa but its all a bit of fun at the end of the day, my advice is to get a barrel of salt :lol:

I hadn't been on the forum for a week so didn't know what was about, and was lucky enough to spot some Snow Bunts etc at D Nook yesterday :) while watching the seal colony.

Cheers

Max

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:01 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

I am in the dark about this argument but it does seem a common subject. I am not going to find out any more as it never appeals to me. I must defend the forum if you would allow as there are many people like me who blank out the arguing and enjoy reading the sightings boards etc. Please keep your inputs and membership live. I do not travel around the County and it is a great asset to be able to read others exploits, whether it is a simple good day out or a twitch. I can transport myself into others shoes and share the experience from Barton.

As a Volunteer Reserve Manger of Far Ings for the passed 20 odd years I have had the pleasure of dealing with 'real life' incidents of such a wide range of situations. It can dent your faith but I always remind myself of my own reasons why I do it. I then put the smile back on my face and carry on.

I look forward to yours and others continued input.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]