The Lincolnshire Bird Club

The LBC Forum. To register on this forum YOU must NOW be a member of the LBC - see Membership Page for details.
To join the LBC Forum you must be a Member of the Lincolnshire Bird Club - Click here for Membership Information
If you would like to post an item, but ARE NOT a forum member please submit information using the Record Form: if suitable the information will be posted on the LBC Forum on your behalf.

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:30 am

LBC Homepage - The Photo Album - Submit a Record (for Non-members)/ or Request - LBC Forum Information and Access Help - Forum Information

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Saxby bridge
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:03 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Does anybody know if access to saxby bridge is now public again..
I know there was talk of it being private now but the red barriers are/were open & no private road sign up..are you allowed through barriers?

Post subject: Re: Saxby bridge
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:45 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

the bridge was closed as a set of top gear youths had burnt out a car at the base of the western pillar and damaged the steel wires that support the bridge and hence it was closed until it had been properly tested but I guess if the blocks have gone it is now open again though I have not been down for a few weeks; no suggestion of it being private as far as I am aware it is a public road/track

Post subject: Re: Saxby bridge
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:22 am 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Graham..thanks for replying but i think we have our wires crossed..sounds like you are describing horkstow bridge which is open..albeit sign says agency vehicles only..blocks have gone..i was referring to saxby all saints..the red barrier you did an article on a year or so ago..
by the way..snowy owl images of yours are amazing.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]