The Lincolnshire Bird Club

The LBC Forum. To register on this forum YOU must NOW be a member of the LBC - see Membership Page for details.
To join the LBC Forum you must be a Member of the Lincolnshire Bird Club - Click here for Membership Information
If you would like to post an item, but ARE NOT a forum member please submit information using the Record Form: if suitable the information will be posted on the LBC Forum on your behalf.

It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 10:28 pm

LBC Homepage - The Photo Album - Submit a Record (for Non-members)/ or Request - LBC Forum Information and Access Help - Forum Information

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:15 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

with all the doom and gloom about the economy, spending cuts, wildlife problems, the little blue billed thing lets just have a mo to think of all the up sides. i was down bonby on saturday had a good couple of hours with 2 other birders chewing the fat as it goes and then on to saxby, then to reeds island and back home. sat down very contented with the birds seen and thought a minute, go back 10 years ? if you had reported on this website that you had seen osprey, crane, peregrine, white tailed sea eagle, marsh harrier buzzard all within reach of a single days birding in lincolnshire in june you would have been viewed very suspect and your records consigned to the waste bin and then carted of to the loony farm. there is so much more needed to be done around the passerine area but i think we are heading in the right direction generally and with just a little more thought and planning ( msq ) things could be better, but we all learn from things, that is life and we collectively will improve, i hope. so look at all the good things that are happening and give a thought to all the dedicated people who give up many hours whether it be ringing, wardening, bird counts and all the keen eager volenteers who care enough to put a shoulder to the wheel. well done to all of them you have my thanks and admiration =D> =D> =D> and long may you all continue to be involved to protect, record, and everyone whom give hours to this website and birdclub you all deserve a pat on the back and a very well done, you cannot please everyone so do not even try just carry on and ignore the critics, congrats all
=D> =D> =D> =D>

terry whalin :D :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:43 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Terence,
I've just got home after a disastrous round of golf and not in the best of moods. I've just read your post which put a smile on my face and made me far more positive. So much so, I'm biking back to continue my days' golfing in the Clubhouse!!
Stuart

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:17 am 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

That's sad.
Stuart!!. or was the 19th hole calling :D :D :D :D :D

At least you could give those poor white thing's a chance and find some more crossbills or siskins !! :shock: :shock:

Brian.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:11 am 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

well put Terence, regards John.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:26 am 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Terry,

Regarding contentment, on Sunday I realised I hadn't been this contented in 25 - 30 years BUT it hasn't nothing to do with birds/wildlife! I've recently taken up veg gardening and putting bedding plants in front garden, all be it in a small way, and very smart it looks. The past month or so I've been going to garden centres etc and buying virtually all my plants at knock down prices, in fact I got five tomato plants at Epworth free of chrage, I could have taken all they had but didn't want to appear greedy :oops:

Thoroughout the 1970s to early 1990s all my back garden was used for veg and fruit growing with the front garden for flowers. But then it all got too much and I created a low maintenance garden over a period of two years planting lots of shrubs and trees etc.

I only do a little at a time, mainly first thing before breakfast if it's fine, then if no chores to do a little in an afternoon with lots of cuppas and of course bird and butterfly watching.

With lots of health issues I'm now finding that doing the garden be it a bit of weeding or putting cuttings in or whatever it is very therapeutic and takes my mind off the health issues.

I'm now thinking of winter and getting a small greenhouse [not glass] or cold frame or both. We shall see.

As it's my 63rd birthday today and I've got an appointment in Leeds [Jimmy's] I'll be taking a cake and a bottle of non-alcoholic wine for me and the nurses to share while I'm having treatment. May call at Fairburn on way back if time. Last night had strawberries which I'd picked at Roxby with some Jersey cream and a meringue nest, it was scrumptious mmmmm :D Oh to be in my sixties aren't I very lucky, yes I am.

Keep up the good work Terry!!! =D>

Cheers

Max

PS: One of these days I'll have to come over and you can show me the best areas to go birding AND also introduce me to the gang of Irish lads who did the track at Grainthorpe Haven =D> =D>

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:38 am 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Happy Birthday, Max, and Many Happy Returns of the Day. :D :)

63rd Birthday, eh ? Ah ! The reckless joys of youth. :) Enjoy them while they last.

Freddy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:04 am 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

many happy ones and many off them max, hmmm gardening, i have just come out in a rash, best i used to do in my younger days was get my taters in now and then, :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

terry whalin :D :wink: hmm that should be potatoes :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:53 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

All the best John =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Take nothing but photos - Leave nothing but footprints - Waste nothing but time

My website: http://www.birdmad.com
https://www.facebook.com/dean.eades1
http://www.flickr.com/photos/birdmad/
http://www.lcegroup.co.uk
http://www.Canon.co.uk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:27 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Terry, Freddy, Dean and Mandy,

Thanks for the good wishes!

The nurses were disappointed I didn't take owt and I said it was cos I were late setting off and I couldn't be bothered [ not the word I used] stopping at shop, even so they sang the obligitory song which cheered my cockles.

On arriving home, again late, my next door neighbours had a cake waiting with candles and for me to do the honours while they belted out the b'day song and a good time was had by all followed by strawberries and Jersey cream with meringues :D

Treatment was done in record time today!

Cheers

Max aka John

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]