The Lincolnshire Bird Club

The LBC Forum. To register on this forum YOU must NOW be a member of the LBC - see Membership Page for details.
To join the LBC Forum you must be a Member of the Lincolnshire Bird Club - Click here for Membership Information
If you would like to post an item, but ARE NOT a forum member please submit information using the Record Form: if suitable the information will be posted on the LBC Forum on your behalf.

It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 9:04 pm

LBC Homepage - The Photo Album - Submit a Record (for Non-members)/ or Request - LBC Forum Information and Access Help - Forum Information

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: LBC Members' Blogs
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:41 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Recently, personal weblogs (=blogs) put on the web by LBC members have been criticised on this forum as being 'tedious', 'pure bragging' and essentially constituting an ego trip. Perhaps being past the age of naked competitive envy, I would beg to differ.
I consider it a privilege to browse these bird and general Natural History sites and believe them to be a most useful adjunct to the LBC forum. If one "can frankly do without them", why access them in the first place for heaven's sake? .....and then complain in the manner of 'outraged,Tunbridge Wells (or Scunthorpe).' That attitude reminds me of the old maid who,every evening, if she balanced precariously on her bathroom stool and craned her neck dangerously out of her bathroom window , could just about see the man in the neighbouring house in his pants and vest as he changed from his work clothes ..... and then she wrote to the local Council about this exhibitionist pervert living next door to her. So, if you don't want to be outraged, don't look.
To produce a successful illustrated Natural History blog takes a great deal of commitment, knowledge and subject-skill let alone the endless hours spent in the field. I think ALL our LBC bloggers can be congratulated and thanked for letting us share their most memorable moments relating to our common hobby.

Regards,

Freddy

Post subject: Re: LBC Members' Blogs
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:47 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well said Freddy,the quality of the photographs these lads produce are top class :D .

Regards

Steve

http://www.LincolnshireOdes.blogspot.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/routy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:47 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Stephen Routledge wrote:
Well said Freddy,the quality of the photographs these lads produce are top class :D .

Regards

Steve

Some of these lads in question have top notch gear [which some of us can only dream about] so I would have thought their work should be top class!

Regards

Max

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:01 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Just because you have top notch gear John doesn’t necessarily mean you will take good photos. The factors which are more important are such things as knowledge of your quarry, patience, composition, stalking techniques, field craft etc.

Thanks
Nick

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:29 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Hi freddy,
forgive me,butyou do talk rather silly in your efforts to get your point across!!(victorian lady analogy etc)-ive looked once at a certain birders blog and then only invited to by him to someone else on a thread in the forum,its full of ego tripping,its not my bag.i did however state Freddy if other people derive enjoyment from it -so be it-just not my scene.thou some photo"s are very good and interesting.i will add that.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]