The Lincolnshire Bird Club

The LBC Forum. To register on this forum YOU must NOW be a member of the LBC - see Membership Page for details.
To join the LBC Forum you must be a Member of the Lincolnshire Bird Club - Click here for Membership Information
If you would like to post an item, but ARE NOT a forum member please submit information using the Record Form: if suitable the information will be posted on the LBC Forum on your behalf.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:38 am

LBC Homepage - The Photo Album - Submit a Record (for Non-members)/ or Request - LBC Forum Information and Access Help - Forum Information

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Saltfleetby Theddletorpe
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:17 am 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

The LWT field at Sea View with new banks and scrapes is complete,and will be reseeded in autumn
The larger field south of Rimac car park will also have similar works carried out this autumn.
regards John.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:05 am 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

The new scrape and embankment now flooded and pulling in birds will be named as Seaview Washland
for future postings online and to give a easy site location. the possibilty/funding option is underway to erect a small hide or viewing deck near Seaview bridge, there is no access to the site other than this location.
regards John

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:49 am 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

John Walker wrote:
The new scrape and embankment now flooded and pulling in birds will be named as Seaview Washland

Hi John.
I had a quick look when passing not long after it was completed and spoke to one of the contractors who had been working their. He said the area was intended as one of many areas of flood relief planned along the east coast. I wondered if it ever stops raining and in a normal year, if there is such a thing now. Will this area remain dry for most of the year?

To err is human. To really louse things up takes a computer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:08 am 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Yes Derick that is possible, the field south of Rimac is also having similar work done this autumn
and options to keep more water on are being considered, but in drought conditions thats difficult
without pumping, although the river rises when spring tides close the outfall gates and the sluice
at Paradise is keeping a higher water level now with agreement with the Environment Agency.
regards John.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:52 am 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

John Walker wrote:
Yes Derick that is possible, the field south of Rimac is also having similar work done this autumn and options to keep more water on are being considered, but in drought conditions thats difficult
without pumping, although the river rises when spring tides close the outfall gates and the sluice
at Paradise is keeping a higher water level now with agreement with the Environment Agency. regards John.

I heard a rumour and also read a comment recently on this site. That when completed the new realignment scheme at Donna nook may be managed by the RSPB and not the environment agency. Any thoughts John?

To err is human. To really louse things up takes a computer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:15 am 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Don,t take much notice of rumours,
regards John.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:09 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

[quote
I heard a rumour and also read a comment recently on this site. That when completed the new realignment scheme at Donna nook may be managed by the RSPB and not the environment agency. Any thoughts John?[/quote]
I have emailed the environment agency a number of times over the last three years re the realignment scheme including asking who will manage the site. Earlier they replied they hadn't decided who would manage it but in July 2011 they said they had given an undertaking that they would manage the site at this stage, but they had been consulting with both the RSPB and the Lincs trust.
I would suggest that if anyone is interested in it becoming an RSPB reserve then they should write to the RSPB asking for it. If enough people write then maybe it will happen, who knows.
Geoff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:53 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

i know nothing off this and have heard no rumours, as deputy group leader in this area i will ask the questions and make a few phone calls, not forced to tell me anything at this time but we will see they might team up with a more pro-active presence with tetney. it needs it and i hope so, :D

terry whalin :D :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:38 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

did my bit with enquiries and the answer is unclear but more likely to be not the rspb. on completion it will be the enviromental agency and natural england though at a later stage there could be an involement of a charitable organisation most likely the lwt. rspb have been involved at the planning stage. i was told that a car is to be extended, several shielded viewing platforms installed, walkways and several hides. sounds good to me. at last the frozen north could get a look in, whoooppeeee :D

terry whalin :D :wink:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]