The Lincolnshire Bird Club

The LBC Forum. To register on this forum YOU must NOW be a member of the LBC - see Membership Page for details.
To join the LBC Forum you must be a Member of the Lincolnshire Bird Club - Click here for Membership Information
If you would like to post an item, but ARE NOT a forum member please submit information using the Record Form: if suitable the information will be posted on the LBC Forum on your behalf.

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:00 am

LBC Homepage - The Photo Album - Submit a Record (for Non-members)/ or Request - LBC Forum Information and Access Help - Forum Information

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:42 am 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

I noticed a strange entry on Birdforum today. The Counties Sub-Forums show, Lincolnshire as being in East Anglia. :shock:

I obviously don't know Linc's that well or I wouldn't be asking this but how long has Lincolnshire been a part of East Anglia then?

To err is human. To really louse things up takes a computer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:35 am 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Quite some time on Birdforum. I have in the past posted sightings under that title for my local patch in north Lincs.

It's no different to getting mail and it still says South Humberside instead of North Lincs, it's years since SH existed.

Max

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:40 am 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

John T Goy wrote:
<snip>
It's no different to getting mail and it still says South Humberside instead of North Lincs, it's years since SH existed. Max

It doesn't make it right though John or any less confusing. :? Even though South Humberside was formally Lincolnshire anyway prior to 1975.
I believe SH was abolished in 1996 and became as you state, a part of Lincolnshire again.

I know it's just pigeon holing stuff but am surprised living in Linc's you think it's OK to be lumped under East Anglia. [-X

To err is human. To really louse things up takes a computer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:48 am 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Derick Evans wrote:
John T Goy wrote:
<snip>
It's no different to getting mail and it still says South Humberside instead of North Lincs, it's years since SH existed. Max

It doesn't make it right though John or any less confusing. :? Even though South Humberside was formally Lincolnshire anyway prior to 1975.
I believe SH was abolished in 1996 and became as you state, a part of Lincolnshire again.

I know it's just pigeon holing stuff but am surprised living in Linc's you think it's OK to be lumped under East Anglia. [-X

Derick,

I didn't say it was ok for my county to be lumped with East Anglia only that is what Birdforum have done since I was a member :lol: The accent is totally different for one thing :wink:

When I used to get the club newsletter and read the sightings, Saltfleet area was under north Lincs whereas I would have said it was in mid-east Lincs, Scunny is 40 miles away. But I've had this out with members of the admin and lost so I'm not starting that up again. :lol:

Regards

John

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:55 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

You're on one of my favourite topics. Prior to 1974 Lindsey, Kesteven and Holland made up the county of Lincolnshire which extended from the Humber to the Wash. The Boundary Commission, local politicians and the previous Lord Yarborough in 1974 designated where the boundary of "South Humberside" should be but realized some 22 years later that it had been a complete and utter waste of time!!
To get back to Derrick's point, my father was employed at Spilsby by the East Midland Electricity Board and I have always considered Lincolnshire to be part of East Midlands - unless anyone thinks otherwise!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:16 am 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

And before it was recently disbanded Lincolshire was in the East Midlands Develoment Agency
area. regards John.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]