The Lincolnshire Bird Club

The LBC Forum. To register on this forum YOU must NOW be a member of the LBC - see Membership Page for details.
To join the LBC Forum you must be a Member of the Lincolnshire Bird Club - Click here for Membership Information
If you would like to post an item, but ARE NOT a forum member please submit information using the Record Form: if suitable the information will be posted on the LBC Forum on your behalf.

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:31 am

LBC Homepage - The Photo Album - Submit a Record (for Non-members)/ or Request - LBC Forum Information and Access Help - Forum Information

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Gib
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:24 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Hi all,

I am hoping to go to Gib this Saturday (March 19) for the first time.

Has anyone got any advice on a good start point, route etc.

I look forward to reading some tips and thanks for helping me out on this one. :)

http://www.stevenesbitt.co.uk

Post subject: Re: Gib
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:26 am 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Steve,

It's quite a few year since my last visit but I'll start your thread off in the hope that the regulars reply.

I always started at the Wash View Point looking for raptors, then would check out Sykes Farm area, then Tennyson Hide [ one time had Long-billed Dowitcher], then the ones on opposite side of road [ had my first Yellow-browed Warbler there ]. Only once went to the dunes a long time ago. Then I'd finish off at the old cafe viewpoint.

I must get there this year!

Good luck.

John

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:10 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

John,

Thanks for replying, I have printed off a map and taking a look at the whole thing and areas you mention, now hoping for good weather this saturday mate. :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:38 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

hi steve when you come to the first car park then go cross the road to three hides then come back on ourself through the car park to go on to the mere hide and down to the beach that way .if you want a map go to the centra the will give you one or go on the the trust web site go on reserves it mybe give a map sorry ive knot got any maps at home else i would send you one .i not down to work until sunday morning at gib john lusby

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:26 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Hi Steve

High tide late afternoon on 19th is fairly big so should push good numbers of waders out of the Wash to roost on the outer ridges - you can get a good overview from the Wash Viewpoint or the platform by the Bird Observatory building on the East Dunes.
Otherwise, look out for shorelarks on the northern saltings - 10 seen again last Saturday.

Cheers

Kev

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:13 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Hi John / Kev,

Thanks for information, it seems weather will be reasonable tomorrow and so hopefully a good day will be had.

Thanks also for the tip on the Shorelarks Kev, never seen 1 so fingers crossed there ;)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]