The Lincolnshire Bird Club

The LBC Forum. To register on this forum YOU must NOW be a member of the LBC - see Membership Page for details.
To join the LBC Forum you must be a Member of the Lincolnshire Bird Club - Click here for Membership Information
If you would like to post an item, but ARE NOT a forum member please submit information using the Record Form: if suitable the information will be posted on the LBC Forum on your behalf.

It is currently Sat Jun 08, 2024 10:21 pm

LBC Homepage - The Photo Album - Submit a Record (for Non-members)/ or Request - LBC Forum Information and Access Help - Forum Information

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:46 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Due to the collapse of the drain bank alongside Haven Road at Killingholme Haven Pits and subsequent proposed works on the road, there will be a 4 week period when there will be no access to the bird hide. North Lincs Council have informed us that the work will be likely to start in early January, but it may start in December. We will obviously liaise with the Council to ensure disturbance to the pits is kept to a minimum during the works.

I will let you know of definite dates as soon as they are confirmed.

Dave Bromwich
Lincs Wildlife Trust

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:40 pm 
Web Master
Web Master

Thanks for the information Dave. I guess this work is best done in the winter before the breeding season gets going. However, it is little wonder that the road is collapsing when you see the size and number of Lorries that use it!

Andrew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:36 am 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Dave Bromwich wrote:
Due to the collapse of the drain bank alongside Haven Road at Killingholme Haven Pits and subsequent proposed works on the road, there will be a 4 week period when there will be no access to the bird hide. North Lincs Council have informed us that the work will be likely to start in early January, but it may start in December. We will obviously liaise with the Council to ensure disturbance to the pits is kept to a minimum during the works.

I will let you know of definite dates as soon as they are confirmed.

Dave Bromwich
Lincs Wildlife Trust

The above post was dated Oct 29th 2008, Mr Bromwich told us he would let us know when definate dates were confirmed as to the proposed works on the road. I've just checked this section and can find no other thread in regard to this one. Not sure why but neither Mr Bromwich or LWT passed on to us that work has started on the road, maybe they were not told, so I am not laying the blame at their front door.

I visited this popular reserve yesterday [March 18th] and as I was driving along Haven Road was met by temporary traffic lights and a one-way system. There was plenty of workers about and as I drove to the far end noticed a temporary bridge leading towards the hide. There is a sign saying " the hide is shut till Easter" so I'd had a wasted trip, but an informative one.

Sometimes in the past when I've gone it's been possible to park next to the sluice gates. From what I could see it would be dangerous to do that while this work is being carried out.

I look forward to visiting one of my favourite sites when the works are finished.

Kind regards

Max

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:09 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Apologies - this one slipped the net. I could tell you about the other 98 reserves I have to look after, the 14 staff to keep happy, the 60 or so Voluntary Reserve Managers, all the other reserve volunteers and the 40 emails a day requesting help/information/complaints + phone calls + texts, but this being the LBC Forum I won't because I'm sure I won't get any sympathy anyway!!!! :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:18 pm 
Web Master
Web Master

Dave,

Your input to the LBC Forum is always welcome by the majority of Bird Club members

Thanks

Andrew

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]