The Lincolnshire Bird Club

The LBC Forum. To register on this forum YOU must NOW be a member of the LBC - see Membership Page for details.
To join the LBC Forum you must be a Member of the Lincolnshire Bird Club - Click here for Membership Information
If you would like to post an item, but ARE NOT a forum member please submit information using the Record Form: if suitable the information will be posted on the LBC Forum on your behalf.

It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 4:52 pm

LBC Homepage - The Photo Album - Submit a Record (for Non-members)/ or Request - LBC Forum Information and Access Help - Forum Information

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:56 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Dear all,
here as promised is a brief update of todays meeting.
Those who attended were John Walker, Geoff Williams, Mike Surr, Dave Bromwich, Keith Robinson, myself, Dave Wright, Teri (whom i have forgotten the second name ) sorry, but she was a lady i can remember that much, Mike Drew and his local engineer in charge of site plant etc.

I want to thank everyone personally for coming to what was i am sure you would all agree was an extremely constructive, pleasant and infomative meeting which can hold rich promise for the future. The conservation of habitat, sensitive areas that needed to be managed for butterfly's and their food plants, orchids etc were all taken on board by the locol site man who was not only keen to do the right thing but wants to be seen to be doing so.
Mike made emphesis several times to the fact the reservoir is basically for leisure activities but promised to remark the wildlife area on the res walls and have discussions with the boating people about respecting the area and to make users more aware of the sensitive wildfowl area.
Mike promised to draw up an action plan and distribute it to the appropiate people for comments and i will post the summary of the document on arrival.
If all we discussed comes to fruition it will be a gigantic leap forward, if only 50% happens it is still a major shift in the direction of conservation.
Nothing will be obvious this calender year but i think from March 09 a new site maintenance policy is likely to be in place, cutting procedures, rotational policy, grazing etc etc.
All positive stuff, no negatives and for the items above positive guidance came from Dave Wright, John Walker and Dave Bromwich but Keith with his records he provided for Mike and everyone else contributed to the very excellent meeting.
Once again many many thanks to all concerned and i will keep in touch and let everyone in the
L B C up to date with news.
P S any comments or news from anyone else who can have a positive input will be welcome to reply because no single person has a monopoly on brains, cheers,

Terry Whalin :D :D :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:27 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Well done Terry - sorry that we couldn't make it.

Roy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:22 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Hi Terry,

Just wanted to echo what Roy has said - a well done and a big thanks for helping to raise awareness to Anglian Water of the wildlife both on the reservoir and in the surrounding area. I'm sure just like me, many of us have had some memorable visits there in the past and hope that we continue to enjoy more in the future.

regards

Chris

(PS - sorry I couldn't make it either but unfortunately I have to work 9-5, Mon - Fri, shuffling bits of paper around :D )

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:05 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeah mate,we don't want you to sprain a wrist or something. :D

http://www.LincolnshireOdes.blogspot.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/routy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]