The Lincolnshire Bird Club

The LBC Forum. To register on this forum YOU must NOW be a member of the LBC - see Membership Page for details.
To join the LBC Forum you must be a Member of the Lincolnshire Bird Club - Click here for Membership Information
If you would like to post an item, but ARE NOT a forum member please submit information using the Record Form: if suitable the information will be posted on the LBC Forum on your behalf.

It is currently Mon May 27, 2024 4:10 am

LBC Homepage - The Photo Album - Submit a Record (for Non-members)/ or Request - LBC Forum Information and Access Help - Forum Information

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: RE: Bad News
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:10 pm 
South Lincs Bird recorder
South Lincs Bird recorder

I've placed the post titled 'Bad news' in the Admin Area as the content does not appear to conform with Forum Guidelines.

Regards,

JB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:04 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

How do i get to read it please

Post subject: bad news
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:16 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Unless things have changed, none of us will read it unless we are one of the admin team!

I have not been on the Forum since Thursday afternoon, so I'm wondering what I have missed.

As both Steve and I are members of the LBC and members of this forum I think we have every right to view anything that goes in the admin area. Preferably by PM or e-mail.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:13 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

I spoke to a lot of people today and they all think that post should stay, what change for it to be removed.

Post subject: Bad News
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:34 am 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Please!!

Can I read as well??

i am a member or are we now into censorship of items that are of interest and can effect us all, or is there another agenda.

Brian.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:54 am 
North Lincs Bird Recorder

Items are placed in the admin area by administrators when they are believed to contravene the conventions of decency or purposes of this forum. John Badley could have simply deleted the offending item or thread. By placing it in the admin area it may be reviewed and re-instated if necessary. In this case the language was inappropriate - some would say offensive - and the subject matter was approaching the libellous. This is not censorship. The content had probably gone beyond what was acceptable in the context of the Lincs Bird club website which is a vehicle for information on natural history.

John

Last edited by John Clarkson on Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:03 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

John Clarkson wrote:
Items are placed in the admin area by administrators when they are believed to contravene the conventions of decency or purposes of this forum. John Badley could have simply deleted the offending item or thread. By placing it in the admin area it may be reviewed and re-instated if necessary. In this case the language was inappropriate - some would say offensive - and the subject matter was approaching the libellous. This is not censorship. The content had probably gone beyond what was acceptable in the context of the Lincs Bird club website which is a vehicle for information on natural history. If the above members are particularly interested in offensive or abusive material then may I suggest they visit other websites that will cater for their tastes.

John

John,

I take offense at your suggestion that I, in your words " are particularly interested in offensive or abusive material", no I'm not!!!!!!!!! :evil:

As I said earlier I had not seen any postings since getting home from Leeds last Thursday. So I am not aware of any content added since then.

If any of the members would like to fill me in on what I missed, please send a PM. Then I'll know why the thread has been put in the "sin bin".

Regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:39 pm 

Max

I repeat

Items are placed in the admin area by administrators when they are believed to contravene the conventions of decency or purposes of this forum. John Badley could have simply deleted the offending item or thread. By placing it in the admin area it may be reviewed and re-instated if necessary. In this case the language was inappropriate - some would say offensive - and the subject matter was approaching the libellous.

That's really all you need to know. I have deleted several items on this site because of exactly these reasons. I'm puzzled as to why you would be interested in such material. John Badley, a site administrator, placed it in the admin area because he found it was inappropriate for this site.

John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:19 am 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Was it anything I've said?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:10 am 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

It gets funnier and funnier . :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:47 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

I understand the problem there is with inappropriate language and content, but I think people need to see these posts, which could easily be censored, for safety reasons. We need to know what we're up against when visiting certain places.

Libby.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]