The Lincolnshire Bird Club

The LBC Forum. To register on this forum YOU must NOW be a member of the LBC - see Membership Page for details.
To join the LBC Forum you must be a Member of the Lincolnshire Bird Club - Click here for Membership Information
If you would like to post an item, but ARE NOT a forum member please submit information using the Record Form: if suitable the information will be posted on the LBC Forum on your behalf.

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:51 am

LBC Homepage - The Photo Album - Submit a Record (for Non-members)/ or Request - LBC Forum Information and Access Help - Forum Information

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Garden Birds
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:05 am 
Web Master
Web Master

Hi

My name is Simon and I’m currently studying Environmental Science with the Open University (OU). The reason for contact is that I have recently taken interest with Bird varieties and numbers in the Lincolnshire region. One special study that I intend to carry out for my OU Study is to investigate what happens when birds are givena choice between berries that are grown in the garden as opposed to manufactured foods that are made available. The reason behind this study is so that I can grasp a connection between birds that where once frequent visitors to a garden are now in decline because of the lack of vegetation in a lot of our gardens that are either becoming low maintenance and/or Mediterranean.

In order to justify my findings I wonder if you could either point me in the right direction or possibly share some light towards any studies that hasrecently been carried out in the past on this particular topic. I would welcome any evidence to support my reasoning towards the decline in bird number associated to gardens whether that be rural or urban locations.

Email: ssketlon@starenergy.co.uk

Best Regards

Simon

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]