The Lincolnshire Bird Club

The LBC Forum. To register on this forum YOU must NOW be a member of the LBC - see Membership Page for details.
To join the LBC Forum you must be a Member of the Lincolnshire Bird Club - Click here for Membership Information
If you would like to post an item, but ARE NOT a forum member please submit information using the Record Form: if suitable the information will be posted on the LBC Forum on your behalf.

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:37 pm

LBC Homepage - The Photo Album - Submit a Record (for Non-members)/ or Request - LBC Forum Information and Access Help - Forum Information

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:23 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

As I understand it, there is due to be a "donation box" for non-members attending the annual meeting in Horncastle on March 22.

But if only a dozen or so non-members turn up, that won't raise much for club funds.

Surely, there ought to a flat charge - say £2 - payable by all attendees.

That's the sum many of us are used to paying at meetings of Lincolnshire Wildlife Trust branches. At Grimsby RSPB group, the charge per meeting is £3 and, judging by the healthy attendances, no one seems to mind coughing up.

It's an opportunity to boost the LBC coffers, so why not grasp it?

Incidentally, if someone in the committee will give me the green light to do so, I'll he happy to put out a press release about the date/ venue of the AGM to the local media.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:59 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Hi Jim

I disagree that making a charge to attend the AGM would be a good idea. Its our only big meeting of the year and we don't want cost to be an issue.

The venue has limited seating so we don't advertise to the public, its a members event and we get a good speaker to get members to attend the AGM. Its not a money making venture, its a benefit for members.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:37 pm 
Web Master
Web Master

The AGM notice will be emailed to all members this evening....

If you don't receive a copy, please let me know (we may have the wrong email address)....

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:24 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Well said, Mr Chairman.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]