The Lincolnshire Bird Club

The LBC Forum. To register on this forum YOU must NOW be a member of the LBC - see Membership Page for details.
To join the LBC Forum you must be a Member of the Lincolnshire Bird Club - Click here for Membership Information
If you would like to post an item, but ARE NOT a forum member please submit information using the Record Form: if suitable the information will be posted on the LBC Forum on your behalf.

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:46 pm

LBC Homepage - The Photo Album - Submit a Record (for Non-members)/ or Request - LBC Forum Information and Access Help - Forum Information

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: OPPORTUNITY?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:01 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

It was disappoiting to note from the minutes of the February committee meeting that an invitation to take stand space Woodhall Spa country show was likely to be declined.

As a club, we tend to be somewhat inward-looking. Assuming the cost of booking space is not prohibitive, this seems like an opportunity to showcase the club to visitors - and potential new members - of all ages.

If successful here, a LBC presence could be rolled out to similar events all over the county.

It could be a chance to sell LBRs, Geoff's peregrine booklet and Roy's rare birds video, etc.

Most importantly we could distribute membership leaflets and perhaps recruit a few new members.

And how better to adorn the stand than with some of the fabulous photos taken by members? Perhaps some could even be for sale?

Ideally, the club would purchase its own portable display stand for taking to shows and other events.

But for a Woodhall one-off, do we have any contacts at the Lincolnshire Wildlife Trust (or some other organisation/ company) who might loan us a stand?

Re doubts about volunteers, was an appeal ever put out to members via this forum?

I don't have any experience of setting up stands. Also, I dont know the date of the Woodhall show. However, if available I would be happy to put in a shift, if only for a couple of hours.

If an initiative is led by the committee, I feel fairly confident a few more members might also provide support.

Anyone any thoughts?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]