The Lincolnshire Bird Club

The LBC Forum. To register on this forum YOU must NOW be a member of the LBC - see Membership Page for details.
To join the LBC Forum you must be a Member of the Lincolnshire Bird Club - Click here for Membership Information
If you would like to post an item, but ARE NOT a forum member please submit information using the Record Form: if suitable the information will be posted on the LBC Forum on your behalf.

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:43 pm

LBC Homepage - The Photo Album - Submit a Record (for Non-members)/ or Request - LBC Forum Information and Access Help - Forum Information

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:50 pm 
Web Master
Web Master

The minutes of the committee meeting can be found at;

http://www.lincsbirdclub.co.uk/Articles ... index.html

Please NOTE the final line;

Date of next meeting: 18th November. This will be an open meeting; members of the club will be invited to
attend and contribute; no-one will be forced to undertake any jobs!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:20 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Re: County recorder North report, (in John's absence). Living next to St James and being aware of what is going on at the church, there has been no mention of any cancellation of events on the tower due to the peregrine activity. Their only loss is the income from visitors climbing the tower (£2pp), which goes into the coffee shop accounts. This, I'm reliably informed has been more than matched by the extra income from visitors watching the TV screen and buying tea, cakes etc, plus putting money into the collection tray.

While I was aware this donation was to be made, I sincerely hope that in coming years, a precedent hasn't been set, and a 'fee' of £250 will not be expected every time these birds choose to nest.

Cheers
Geoff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:30 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

I share Geoff's misgivings.

Did the church provide any hard evidence / estimates of lost income?

The peregrines have probably brought more visitors to St James than any sermon would.

In view of the expenditure by these visitors, perhaps the church should be making a donation to LBC funds.

I sincerely hope the committee is showing due financial discipline in how it distributes club monies.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:42 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Geoff and Jim, thank you for your input. The donation is a one off and LBC has made similar donations in like situations in the past. Jim if you study the accounts from the AGM you will see our financial management is pretty tight but not apparently as tight as some of our members attitudes to local charitable donations.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:41 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Thanks Phil, that's reassuring, as we all hope for a repeat performance by the birds next spring.
1 adult, 1 juv roosting on the spire tonight.

Geoff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:03 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Quote:
I sincerely hope the committee is showing due financial discipline in how it distributes club monies.

Jim,

I'd be grateful for some clarification of the above. Is there any evidence that the committee is not showing due discipline? What do you think the committee is doing?

It could simply be that my minutes are misleading, of course. Would you care to take over the role?

Robert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:53 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

For the sake of the peregrines, I realise we have to to keep the vicar and the parochial church
council on board.

However, (admittedly without knowing the full circumstances) I still think a donation £250 was a bit steep, especially as the birds are drawing in the visitors . . . and their cash.

In the spirit of mutual collaboration, perhaps the churchfolk might consider offering us free use
of the church and its facilities for our next agm or conference!

That said, apologies, Phil and Robert, for causing offence - I momentarily forgot that the committee is made up of volunteers who do the various chores out of commitment to the club and its welfare (doubtless with little in the way of plaudits).

And they certainly do a great job - I certainly appreciate it. Many thanks.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]