The Lincolnshire Bird Club

The LBC Forum. To register on this forum YOU must NOW be a member of the LBC - see Membership Page for details.
To join the LBC Forum you must be a Member of the Lincolnshire Bird Club - Click here for Membership Information
If you would like to post an item, but ARE NOT a forum member please submit information using the Record Form: if suitable the information will be posted on the LBC Forum on your behalf.

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:31 pm

LBC Homepage - The Photo Album - Submit a Record (for Non-members)/ or Request - LBC Forum Information and Access Help - Forum Information

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

When should the 2016 AGM be held?
Poll ended at Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:11 am
I have attended AGM and prefer to keep to Tuesday evening 75%  75%  [ 15 ]
I have not attended AGM but would do so on a Saturday afternoon 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
I have attended past AGMs and would attend on a Saturday afternoon 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
I have attended past AGMs but would not come on a Saturday afternoon 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
I have never attended an AGM and am unlikely to do so whenever it is held 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 20
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:34 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Thanks for that update, Phil. I like your proposal for a second open meeting in November next year. I think it might be well attended - perhaps with a fewer younger people coming along.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:44 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Just seen this poll so I will cast my vote for the status quo. I don't think there is anything wrong with Horncastle as a location being reasonably for most with fair roads in and out from all directions. I suppose the only thing that could go wrong in having the meeting at this time of the year is snow but that is true for at least two months either side of Christmas. One of the attractions for me of this meeting is the guest speaker and I haven't worried about them overrunning. I for one wouldn't like the meeting to be held in a DRY village hall - enjoying the chat with other members before and after the official business. As for the young not being able to get surely they can obtain a lift as I am sure very few of us travel alone. Another reason for leaving the meeting in this location is because some members partake in food before the meeting, If it is not broke then don't interfere with the apparatus
Please accept my apologies for the open meeting - I cannot attend as I at another meeting for which I am the secretary

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:12 am 
North Lincs Bird Recorder
North Lincs Bird Recorder

Is this a typo or a display of ephebiphobia?

Jim Wright wrote:
I think it might be well attended - perhaps with a fewer younger people coming along.

John

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:05 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Maybe the AGM and LBC membership gathering, or even call it a celebration, should be separated. AGM constitute arguments and if it was held first it would over-run and be an insult to the guest speaker.

The AGM should be held in a padded room for as long as it takes.

The LBC celebration should be a gathering of members for an evening of reflection about the year's work and sightings and photos and humour and whatever members feel they would like.

An Oscar ceremony for best photo, best day list, best dressed, a rap by young members etc etc etc.

A generally relaxed and fun evening where we may even find out more about our members too. I have attended a couple of these events and have enjoyed the speakers but have really never found out any more about the members who I see on this web page which would be nice. the pre-talk drinks are great but huddles of folk who know each other are a little difficult to break into and say hi to.

A guest speaker can then enhance the evening and we will all leave happy.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2