The Lincolnshire Bird Club

The LBC Forum. To register on this forum YOU must NOW be a member of the LBC - see Membership Page for details.
To join the LBC Forum you must be a Member of the Lincolnshire Bird Club - Click here for Membership Information
If you would like to post an item, but ARE NOT a forum member please submit information using the Record Form: if suitable the information will be posted on the LBC Forum on your behalf.

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:50 pm

LBC Homepage - The Photo Album - Submit a Record (for Non-members)/ or Request - LBC Forum Information and Access Help - Forum Information

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:38 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

I have received this email from Lesley Robinson of Sutton Bridge which speaks for itself

"Dear Lincs Bird Club

I am wondering whether you would be able to offer me advice/help. Our local park is at risk from "tidying up" by the parish council. We have a wonderful rough hedge row following the length of the park, full of tall limes, willows and bramble scrub etc. Fortunately I have been promised that the removal of this brilliant corridor for wild life, has been temporarily postponed. I have been asked to submit justifications for it to remain, and therefore I am seeking as much help as I can muster!

Are you able to offer any help or advice, I would so very much appreciate it.
Perhaps you could point me in the right direction.
Also can we assess the wildlife populations of this area too.
I was told that just 1 metre width of scrub would remain, and the area would be turned into a BMX bike track!!!

Please do reply, thank you so much

Yours etc"

If anyone in that part of the county can help, especially if you know the site please pm me and I will send you Lesley's email.

Cheers

Phil Espin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:46 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Time is short - Lesley Robinson's effort to safeguard this stretch of wildlife corridor is due to be considered by the parish council at its meeting on Tuesday evening March 31

I have just emailed supporting a stay of execution on any habitat destruction direct to the clerk at clerk@suttonbridgeparishcouncil.co.uk

Perhaps other members, particularly those familiar with the patch, might consider doing likewise.

I imagine that what LR would really have liked would be for an official letter from the LBC (or better still from local branches of the RSPB/ Lincolnshire Wildlife Trust) to have been sent to the parish council. That would have added oomph to her campaign.

It would be a real shame if she finds herself a voice in the wilderness , particularly if the welfare of songbirds may be at risk.

Having said that, I appreciate that parish councils are rightly under pressure to provide more recreational facilities for young people. It would be great if an alternative site could be found for the skate park, though life is never that simple.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]