The Lincolnshire Bird Club

The LBC Forum. To register on this forum YOU must NOW be a member of the LBC - see Membership Page for details.
To join the LBC Forum you must be a Member of the Lincolnshire Bird Club - Click here for Membership Information
If you would like to post an item, but ARE NOT a forum member please submit information using the Record Form: if suitable the information will be posted on the LBC Forum on your behalf.

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:18 pm

LBC Homepage - The Photo Album - Submit a Record (for Non-members)/ or Request - LBC Forum Information and Access Help - Forum Information

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:52 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Phil Espin wrote:
Just to finish this thread off the vote at the AGM for Jim's motion was 35 against and 2 in favour with 6 abstentions. Andy Chick's more limited motion to give non members access to post on the bird reports thread was also rejected with 17 votes against, 9 in favour and 17 against. That settles the matter for the time being but I'm sure some members will want to come back to this in the future.

I'd like to echo Anthony Bentley's comment that the forum does need a breath of fresh air blowing through it but I recognise that James Smith is right that for many members posting on the forum is not the first priority when faced with many other social media and personal record tasks. If anyone has any ideas please post them on a new thread and thank you Jim for stimulating a worthwhile discussion. Hopefully we will all continue to mull this over and something positive will come out of it.

Does that mean only 43 members were at the AGM?
At least Lincs birders who can't or don't wish to use the LBC forum still have access to http://www.lincsbirders.com

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:23 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Hi Geoff, around 50 members were present, approx 20% of the total but not everyone voted or recorded an abstention. That level of attendance is pretty good in my experience. Of course any birder in Lincolnshire is free to join or use whatever facilities are available to them. With a membership of around 265 the bird club certainly does not have a monopoly on birders' affiliations in the county.

Most serious birders in Lincolnshire are interested in contributing to recording our county avifauna by means of an annual printed report based on the records of the members and others with whom information is exchanged. Membership of the bird club achieves that goal for many people and our active forum provides a very solid platform for exchanging views and information. From my personal experience of birding in the county for 40 years during which disassociation from the LNU took place and the LBC was formed, it is obvious the club has not always thrived. Different people have different views and in my opinion we are stronger when we act together democratically and for the last few years the club has been stronger than it has ever been.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3