The Lincolnshire Bird Club

The LBC Forum. To register on this forum YOU must NOW be a member of the LBC - see Membership Page for details.
To join the LBC Forum you must be a Member of the Lincolnshire Bird Club - Click here for Membership Information
If you would like to post an item, but ARE NOT a forum member please submit information using the Record Form: if suitable the information will be posted on the LBC Forum on your behalf.

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:16 pm

LBC Homepage - The Photo Album - Submit a Record (for Non-members)/ or Request - LBC Forum Information and Access Help - Forum Information

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Nepal
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:22 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Linda & I visited Nepal for an 18 day birding holiday in the period March 15 – April 1st 2009 inclusive.
The trip was arranged by Birdfinders of Cheselbourne in Dorset.
In total there were 7 people in the party plus one Nepalese leader – Suchit Basnet, who was excellent in every respect.
The group recorded a total of more than 350 species, however, the photographic opportunities were not as expected and I was only able to film about 30% of the birds seen.
The holiday was marred for many of the party, including the leader, when we were struck down by ‘Nepalese flu’. This produced fever and fluctuating temperature as well as lung infection and severe breathing problems. Linda & I were badly hit and it seriously affected our heath in the trekking stage. After getting home I was prescribed an antibiotic to which I was allergic and ended up in hospital.
I am pleased to report that we are now well on the road to recovery and we would like to take this opportunity to thank all forum members who have very kindly been asking after us.

Roy

Post subject: Re: Nepal
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:01 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Roy,
Not having seen any posts of yours for a month or so, I guessed you and Linda would be on holiday - probably long haul. Sorry to read about the health problems. Having had two bouts of dengue fever myself in the Far East, I know only too well how badly these tropical/Asian diseases can affect one.
Pleased to hear you and Linda are now recovering well and I look forward in due course to your notes and photos on the web.

Best Wishes to you both (also from Inga )

Freddy

Post subject: Re: Nepal
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:59 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Thanks Freddy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]