The Lincolnshire Bird Club

The LBC Forum. To register on this forum YOU must NOW be a member of the LBC - see Membership Page for details.
To join the LBC Forum you must be a Member of the Lincolnshire Bird Club - Click here for Membership Information
If you would like to post an item, but ARE NOT a forum member please submit information using the Record Form: if suitable the information will be posted on the LBC Forum on your behalf.

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:13 pm

LBC Homepage - The Photo Album - Submit a Record (for Non-members)/ or Request - LBC Forum Information and Access Help - Forum Information

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:58 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

When the LBC forum started there was a respectful exchange of information and sensible discussion of issues affecting for example identification of any questionable or difficult birds found in the county. Unfortunately as things developed certain people saw the forum as a means to undertake personal vendettas and to simply draw attention to themselves rather than take part in sensible discussions for which they were probably sorely equipped with birding knowledge. This deterioration in forum content was what led to many of the more experienced birders dropping out or simply failing to take part in discussions as there was the inevitable slide towards sniping and personal discussions that quite frankly are better suited to social networking sites rather than a site dedicated to birds and birding.
This particular thread although not about Lincolnshire birds did involve the discussion of a bird and yet certain people have again seen fit to drag up personal gripes concerning what they see as apparent suppression of birds, all of which have been answered in the past, and once again reduce a discussion on birds to an exchange of insults.
If the forum could again be developed to include details of interesting birds seen in the county, observations on habits, behaviour and patterns of occurrence coupled with sensible input from observers and experts alike then more of the birding community in the county would probably become involved. On this front I would draw people's attention to the thread on Caspian Gulls in the county viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10400 -- it is hoped to expand this thread with some photos of birds recorded in the county and photos of interesting individuals that have caused controversy.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:20 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Anyway, back to petrels.....

Skim read someone else's copy of BW yesterday, didn't see any specefic mention of nominate Fea's. Although the case for mollis is probably pretty watertight it would be good to know how Cape Verde Petrel can be ruled out...?

Lab Associate
Cornell Lab of Ornithology,
Cornell University

http://www.freewebs.com/alexlees/index.htm
@Alexander_Lees

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:37 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Ive edited this incidently and shortened it,i have to add,i dont agree with some of your comments,you as well as others including me, have done the forum no good with constant bickering on whether some one has seen a bird or not (gossys being the big one)so do not blame everyone else and leave yourself out,nuff said;;-I left this forum for all the factors outlined in your summary above,()i recently returned and sent in two valid topics for discussion/debate as follows:
1,the decline in bird sightings,specifically at Messingham,
2,the increase in the usage of windfarms.
On both submissions,within a very short space of time i was ridiculed ,shot down,and made fun of,finally resulting in me losing my temper(incidently i should have not),ive been no angel in the past,drinking then comin on waspy,but ive tried to change,i came back,and nothing has changed.
I want this forum to be all that you wish for it.
I for one will only submit sightings and no other content,as to do so will be a waste of time.
regards,Oh by the way ,if you want a sensible disscussion,why have you not replied to alex lees comments on the petrel?thats of interest and well done on spotting the Petrel-great Sighting!!
Roger Hebb.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2