The Lincolnshire Bird Club

The LBC Forum. To register on this forum YOU must NOW be a member of the LBC - see Membership Page for details.
To join the LBC Forum you must be a Member of the Lincolnshire Bird Club - Click here for Membership Information
If you would like to post an item, but ARE NOT a forum member please submit information using the Record Form: if suitable the information will be posted on the LBC Forum on your behalf.

It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 7:12 pm

LBC Homepage - The Photo Album - Submit a Record (for Non-members)/ or Request - LBC Forum Information and Access Help - Forum Information

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: red kites
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:41 pm 

NEVER A BETTER JOURNEY TO WORK
For the last week i have had to travel to Corby for a course rising earlier than usual and listening to the continual drivel about Wayne Rooney's metatarsal and whether or not sven is a sweedish sabotuer in the England camp i have been driven to the edge of sanity until today. As my mind wandered from the job in hand, getting to corby in one piece my thoughts strayed to coffee and the burger van parked in the layby would provide the sustanance needed to complete my journey. My car safely tucked in behind an umpteen wheel truck i strolled towards my oasis but was stopped in my tracks as at first one then another and another etc etc until 5 red kites rose into the air from behind a hedge and continued to circle and reel in the early morning sun, as the mist cleared from my eyes and i realised i wasn;t dreaming, i raced back to my car for my binoculars ,past the burger laden truck driver who tutted in my direction as if to confirm my madness. from miserable car driver to crazed twitcher in less than a millisecond 5 red kites all to myself (AND TRUCK DRIVER ) for 15 minutes,who needs coffee. i arrived at work both refreshed and looking forward to tomorrows trip to work.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]