The Lincolnshire Bird Club

The LBC Forum. To register on this forum YOU must NOW be a member of the LBC - see Membership Page for details.
To join the LBC Forum you must be a Member of the Lincolnshire Bird Club - Click here for Membership Information
If you would like to post an item, but ARE NOT a forum member please submit information using the Record Form: if suitable the information will be posted on the LBC Forum on your behalf.

It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 9:36 pm

LBC Homepage - The Photo Album - Submit a Record (for Non-members)/ or Request - LBC Forum Information and Access Help - Forum Information

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: The Pits: 07.05
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 11:00 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Collingham Old Pits & River Trent: 16.10 - 17.00ish

Cuckoo - 1 [heard and seen]
Corn Bunting - 2
Grasshopper Warbler - [Dave heard and saw one and Pete heard two]
Common Tern - 2
Cormorant - 10
Hirundines

Collingham New Pits: 17.45 - 19.45

Turtle Dove - 2 [over]
Dunlin - 13
LRP's
Shelduck - 5
Yellow Wag - 2
Grey Wag - 1
Gadwall - 1
Shoveler - 1
Hirundines

We were told by a birder in the lane that the Temmincks Stint had been seen one hour before we got there. The luck of the draw! A few other birders were there when we left, so maybe...

with Dave and Pete Johnson

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:47 am 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

I last saw the stints at 1600hrs.They were to the left of the central earth ridge not far from a large odd boulder.they were settled/roosting having been feeding/probing busily.
Even though @300yrds away I thought only one bird showed lighter legs.Both showed a large grey nape...different from the little stint I GRIPPED on at norton :oops:

Post subject: Wrong turnings
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:23 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Ericmd wrote:
I last saw the stints at 1600hrs.They were to the left of the central earth ridge not far from a large odd boulder.they were settled/roosting having been feeding/probing busily.
Even though @300yrds away I thought only one bird showed lighter legs.Both showed a large grey nape...different from the little stint I GRIPPED on at norton :oops:

Hi Ericmd,

If we hadn't taken so many wrong routes in the village trying to find the exact place we would have been there about the time you were!

Never mind eh. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 8:58 am 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

It is a faff finding a way through those backstreets.I remember having a face off with another motor on one of the one-track roads...he alofted from his vehicle and I backed off......he was ex england rugger fullback Dusty Hare!a big lad!
I wlked further along the quarry road to view the largwer lake behind Besthorpe reserve and saw a bar-tailed godwit roosting with shelduck.3 turtle doves on the resrve island too.
things can only get better :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]