The Lincolnshire Bird Club

The LBC Forum. To register on this forum YOU must NOW be a member of the LBC - see Membership Page for details.
To join the LBC Forum you must be a Member of the Lincolnshire Bird Club - Click here for Membership Information
If you would like to post an item, but ARE NOT a forum member please submit information using the Record Form: if suitable the information will be posted on the LBC Forum on your behalf.

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:26 am

LBC Homepage - The Photo Album - Submit a Record (for Non-members)/ or Request - LBC Forum Information and Access Help - Forum Information

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Bempton cliffs
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:48 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Did a walk from flamborough to Filey beach and back (got stuck in mud bank with tide splashing against us but another story)just reporting on how smart bempton is looking with even newer viewing platforms from last year & also newly laid Tarmac paths,these cover main platforms and to visitor center but plans are to stretch to most of reserve to gannet rock etc.viewing platforms have been designed for wheel chair accessibility..a lady working there said something about trying to be the first rspb reserve in Europe to be fully wheelchair accessible which is good.
Bird wise the regulars were there (puffin showed really well but in small numbers so far..only saw one pair together the other few all single unless partners in cracks n gulleys)
Wheatears about and a plus for me is seeing a beautiful hooded crow..I say plus because ive always joked saying I wish I was into crow photography cos they're always about (bugging the owls) so now I will study the blighters more closely ( next time I go camping I will take a torch because walking the cliffs relying on phone flash in the darkness is no fun)
Edit..crow could of been jackdaw..grey cloak/mane back of head..hence the need to study..oops.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]