The Lincolnshire Bird Club

The LBC Forum. To register on this forum YOU must NOW be a member of the LBC - see Membership Page for details.
To join the LBC Forum you must be a Member of the Lincolnshire Bird Club - Click here for Membership Information
If you would like to post an item, but ARE NOT a forum member please submit information using the Record Form: if suitable the information will be posted on the LBC Forum on your behalf.

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:50 am

LBC Homepage - The Photo Album - Submit a Record (for Non-members)/ or Request - LBC Forum Information and Access Help - Forum Information

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:21 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Went to ride on the Flying Scotsman at Grosmont WOWEE it was best day out in years there was 100s lining the track with cars to cobble dogs with! My friends and I got stunning video/pics of the train on its way back from Pickering, we was in the last coach and the train hooked up to us with the front of it facing us luckily :) . My friend filmed it first while leaning out the window then lots of other passengers did and I did quite a few times, we were only a few feet from it and to hear the sound of it is beyond words even for a wordsmith like myself! For us it was a once in lifetime experience, well not quite for me. I was pulled by the train in the 1950s on a school trip if I remember correctly, but I was certainly pulled by it be it the 50s or 60s as I still have my Ian Allan loco spotters books!

What has this got to do with bird-watching I hear you say, well if I hadn't been invited to go see the Flying Scotsman I wouldn't have gone to Scarborough and spotted a BLACK-NECKED GREBE in the harbour, sadly no pics it wouldn't stop diving and it was quite cold in the wind.

Also had 21 Turnstone next to the car in the car park next to the sea wall, they were very friendly, never seen any that close, they are usually on the shore hundreds of yards away (tide was in) plus a Cormorant and the H Gulls.

A brilliant day out for two reasons!

Kind regards

John :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]