The Lincolnshire Bird Club

The LBC Forum. To register on this forum YOU must NOW be a member of the LBC - see Membership Page for details.
To join the LBC Forum you must be a Member of the Lincolnshire Bird Club - Click here for Membership Information
If you would like to post an item, but ARE NOT a forum member please submit information using the Record Form: if suitable the information will be posted on the LBC Forum on your behalf.

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:54 pm

LBC Homepage - The Photo Album - Submit a Record (for Non-members)/ or Request - LBC Forum Information and Access Help - Forum Information

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Bempton cliffs
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:51 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Short walk today ..
Sightings of all the regular birds but not mentioned for some reason on tele was lots of puffins..very close views..
Bonus for me was barn owl which was out in the misty cold drizzle..
Was hoping for a cafe in which one could sit down & eat in new shop but saying that the counter that sells food had a really good choice..
From visits before im that used to leaving membership card in the car for parking..but now they ask for card inside..no signs up explaining the change..so walk back to car needed..
Really hoping when I'm there tomorrow at 6am that the shorty will be around.
Unfortunately my Mrs has entered me for a 5k run at Sewerby tomorrow..more like 4.5k walk for me!
The staff were really polite & nice to talk to & very helpful.

Post subject: Re: Bempton cliffs
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:26 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Andy Atkinson wrote:
Was hoping for a cafe in which one could sit down & eat in new shop but saying that the counter that sells food had a really good choice..

An opportunity missed during removations. Bempton has sufficiently high footfall to make a cafe worthwhile. Means there'll still be no place (outside your own car) to sit down and eat away from cold weather and windy conditions that blow all the sand & dust into your eyes and food! Guess we'll still be bringing our own sandwiches to eat, then.... *Facepalm*

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:45 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Back from first visit today at Bempton and Flamborough Head. Of course it was rather windy and cold but well worth a visit for the amount of lifers.

Got to see the big 5; Puffins much trickier to see than expected. Best views came from one that emerged from a burrow at Flamborough. Other highlights include a Rough-legged Buzzard on the way there + 1 White Wagtail and a Grey Seal. Didn't get to see the Skuas or Fulmars that were reported on BirdGuides.

Regards,

Josh

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:30 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

You would of had fantastic views of gannets yesterday like I did..couldn't believe how close they were just hovering yards infront..
I'm there now & the weather is so much better but no puffins seen today..
Just nipping to flamborough for 7pm walk to lighthouse looking for a shag..

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]