The Lincolnshire Bird Club

The LBC Forum. To register on this forum YOU must NOW be a member of the LBC - see Membership Page for details.
To join the LBC Forum you must be a Member of the Lincolnshire Bird Club - Click here for Membership Information
If you would like to post an item, but ARE NOT a forum member please submit information using the Record Form: if suitable the information will be posted on the LBC Forum on your behalf.

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:09 pm

LBC Homepage - The Photo Album - Submit a Record (for Non-members)/ or Request - LBC Forum Information and Access Help - Forum Information

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:17 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Just back from a week in NI. Didn't do any hardcore birding but still got a nice list.

Highlight of the week was a juvenile Cuckoo still being fed by Meadow Pipits at Murlough on the 1st of August. Also good numbers Stonechats with fledglings present as well as a very attractive Common Blue Butterfly.

Newcastle harbour had it's usual flock of Black Guillemots close in every day, whilst Gannet, Common Guillemot, Manx Shearwater, Kittiwake, Sandwich Tern and Fulmar could all be regularly spotted feeding further out over bay. Plenty of Redshank and Turnstone about as well.

Also, a Red Kite near Tyrella Beach on Saturday and another just south of Ballynahinch on Sunday.

Cuckoo aside, the other highlight was a Hummingbird Hawk Moth (a lifer!) that was feeding on my in-laws buddleia that, in a brief 30 minute spell, was besieged by Peacock, Small Tortoiseshell, Speckled Wood, Large White and Silver-washed Fritillary.

Oh. There was one other highlight... I finally proposed to my girlfriend and she - crazy dame that she is - said "yes"! :D

Patch YTD: 155

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:18 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Excellent on the proposal bit..congratulations

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:37 am 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

congrats Daniel if ever I meet the lady I will give her a discount voucher to spec savers :lol: :lol: congrats :D

terry whalin :D :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:57 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Ha! Thanks guys!

I like to think that she said "yes" because she is constantly dazzled by my wit and charm. In reality, I think she was just temporarily dazzled by the shiny ring. :D

Patch YTD: 155

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]