The Lincolnshire Bird Club

The LBC Forum. To register on this forum YOU must NOW be a member of the LBC - see Membership Page for details.
To join the LBC Forum you must be a Member of the Lincolnshire Bird Club - Click here for Membership Information
If you would like to post an item, but ARE NOT a forum member please submit information using the Record Form: if suitable the information will be posted on the LBC Forum on your behalf.

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:28 am

LBC Homepage - The Photo Album - Submit a Record (for Non-members)/ or Request - LBC Forum Information and Access Help - Forum Information

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:20 am 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

On way to LGI June 1st spotted a Red Kite over the A64 just after the junction of A1.

On way home stopped at usual lay-by on A63 for lunch and had a male Kestrel close by hovering over the road, it dived into long grass and flew to a fence near me with prey and started eating it, had no camera but always take the bins, it looked to be like a shrew, it only took one bite and then flew behind me. Watched it for thirty minutes or more, never saw it catch anything else.

Had a Buzzard constantly being mobbed by two corvid. A male Blackbird and two distant tiny birds.

Enjoyed my lunch and the birds :D

Regards

Max

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:36 am 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Although I've been five times since my last visit in June I really haven't seen anything much till last Saturday's visit when as i was on way home I spotted a Red Kite low over the road close to Seacroft hospital on the A64. Then while parked in usual place on the A63 having a much needed chicken/stuffing sarnie after fasting for 24 hours, a Buzzard flew over the trees and a few white butterflies came past. Noticed quite a few brambles waiting to be picked, I've got plenty in the freezer. On the M62 spotted a Kestrel and on the M180 a few hundred gulls.

Kind regards

John

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:27 am 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Oct 25th:

While having lunch at the usual place on A63 had two nice Buzzard low over and a single Magpie.

I'm now without wheels (no fault of mine) until further notice so will miss my stops on way home, I'm still able to drive. Will have to rely on hospital transport till the car situation is resolved.

Regards

Max :( [-X

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:37 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Jan 25th:

On way to Leeds with the driver I spotted a Kestrel on the M62 then on way home saw c200 gulls near the tip on the A63. Going along M181 a Grey Heron flew over.

Kind regards

John

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2