The Lincolnshire Bird Club

The LBC Forum. To register on this forum YOU must NOW be a member of the LBC - see Membership Page for details.
To join the LBC Forum you must be a Member of the Lincolnshire Bird Club - Click here for Membership Information
If you would like to post an item, but ARE NOT a forum member please submit information using the Record Form: if suitable the information will be posted on the LBC Forum on your behalf.

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:26 pm

LBC Homepage - The Photo Album - Submit a Record (for Non-members)/ or Request - LBC Forum Information and Access Help - Forum Information

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Motorways and A-Roads
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:08 am 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Last Monday the 10th it was my monthly trip to Leeds, this time I had company or as I call him Hawkeye :lol:

From getting on the M181 and driving along different motorways and A-roads we or should I say he managed to spot ten Kestrel, each of which were hovering plus a Buzzard and a Fieldfare not forgetting the loads of gulls.

I've gone on this trip hundreds of times over the past forty years and without a doubt this is the most Kestrel that has been seen. Maybe they have had a good year!

Regards

Max :D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:36 am 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

What should have been a day at LGI turned into a day out at the old "Emmerdale" location of Esholt. It was a special day for me and my dearly departed friend's family. Many years ago I'd taken him to Esholt so we could have a drink in The Woolpack Inn and look around the village taking in the church and tea rooms etc.

Although our day was marred by foggy conditions we all enjoyed seeing the Inn and church (his family had never been before), and having a drink ( I had iced water being the driver) on what would have been his 79th birthday.

My highlight had to be two Red Kite flying together over the A64 very close to junction 45 of the A1. And sadly about half a mile further on I spotted a dead Fox on the side of the road.

Cheers

Max

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:44 am 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

12-02-15 13.45 - 18.00

Took a pal to Wakefield and back so of course took my bins just in case.

On M180 spotted a Kestrel hovering then a little further west one was on overhead wires. Near Sandtoft spotted a Buzzard crossing over. On way home spotted a Buzzard over M18.

Also spotted about a dozen "Eddie's" going back and forth along motorways.

Regards

JTG

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]