The Lincolnshire Bird Club

The LBC Forum. To register on this forum YOU must NOW be a member of the LBC - see Membership Page for details.
To join the LBC Forum you must be a Member of the Lincolnshire Bird Club - Click here for Membership Information
If you would like to post an item, but ARE NOT a forum member please submit information using the Record Form: if suitable the information will be posted on the LBC Forum on your behalf.

It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 9:30 am

LBC Homepage - The Photo Album - Submit a Record (for Non-members)/ or Request - LBC Forum Information and Access Help - Forum Information

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Gamekeeper prosecuted.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:07 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Follow the link to this story of a Gamekeeper from Derbyshire who was illegally trapping Raptors around Derwent Res in the Ladybower area in Derbyshire and has recently been successfully prosecuted by the RSPB.This goes a long way to explain the lack of the lack of raptor records in this area,which was once THE place to visit for sightings of birds such as Goshawk. www.rspb.org.uk/news/281971-gamekeeper- ... prey-crime .

Steve.

http://www.LincolnshireOdes.blogspot.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/routy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:48 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

a great success for the rspb, this is what they should be concentrating on and do so well rather than the ruddy duck episode. this is what your membership funds are really meant for, so keep paying your membership to make sure this type of work continues =D> =D> =D>

terry whalin :D :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:23 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Sorry, Terry, but lapse it will be!

Richard...........

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:35 am 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

so sorry to hear that richard, faults and flaws they have but they are the best we have and all there is to fight off the combined forces of field sport organisations combined efforts to weaken protective legislation and represent conservation in all its forms. like all organisations communication to the public is not good and loose mouths about subjects that fly in the face of public opinion continue to do harm to the conservation efforts of all wildlife groups. like all organisations they seem to suffer from that dreadful plague of FOOT IN MOUTH DISEASE and i shall stay a member because to much is at stake not to contribute. :cry: :cry:

terry whalin :D :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:18 am 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Also if you visit many RSPB reserves a car park charge is levied to non members (quite rightly in my view) and as a member for 35 years i agree with Terry , indeed most nature conservation and reserves are funded through conservation organisations/ trusts, the countryside would be much poorer without them, and many bird watchers visit them .eg Whisby recently.
regards John.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:27 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Please see my entry on the "Bird Chat" Section re LWT Reserves.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:28 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

I have been a member of the RSPB for as long as I can remember, as has my wife. There are many things about the RSPB that sometimes concern me but it is definitely a force for good, especially in cases like this and although I rarely visit any of the reserves I shall remain a member as long as I can afford it.

David

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]