The Lincolnshire Bird Club

The LBC Forum. To register on this forum YOU must NOW be a member of the LBC - see Membership Page for details.
To join the LBC Forum you must be a Member of the Lincolnshire Bird Club - Click here for Membership Information
If you would like to post an item, but ARE NOT a forum member please submit information using the Record Form: if suitable the information will be posted on the LBC Forum on your behalf.

It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:38 pm

LBC Homepage - The Photo Album - Submit a Record (for Non-members)/ or Request - LBC Forum Information and Access Help - Forum Information

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Cusworth Hall and CP
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:48 am 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Yesterday [ 21st ] went to the above on a Renault Open Day. Until receiving the invite had never heard of the place. Checked it out online and decided to go. I took my pal Eddie with me for company. We arrived at 11.15 after missing the turn, it wasn't the sat-navs fault it was mine :lol: The car park was almost full but I nipped in a spot. It is a big place which reminded me of Normanby Hall CP and the panoramic views across towards Doncaster were stunning.

There weren't many birds about but no shortage of white butterflies. You won't be interested in what cars I test drove so I'll not mention that :lol: For both of us the main attraction was a static Falconry display, I'd never seen one before and only on one occasion a few years back had ever seen wild birds in captivity. While talking to the owners they told us that biggest part of the birds were accident victims. The birds that I remember the names of Barn, Tawny, Little and Eagle Owls plus several other foreign Owls, an Harris Hawk, a Cuckaburra [not sure of spelling] and an elderly female Common Buzzard which I cannot remember exactly it's age but I'm sure they said seventeen!

I got loads of photos and a couple of videos of the birds, managed to stroke a couple and had a good chat with the people and of course the birds, the Harris took exception at me I think as I kept trying to get it to turn round so I could snap it and it kept squacking at me :lol: All in all a most enjoyable day out and the star attraction was the raptors not the cars, not forgetting the free refreshments :lol:

Would certainly like to visit the place again but this time as a birdwatcher. As far as I know there isn't an entry fee but there is a charge for the parking. Also there is a cafe and while we were there an ice cream van.

Kind regards

Max :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]