The Lincolnshire Bird Club

The LBC Forum. To register on this forum YOU must NOW be a member of the LBC - see Membership Page for details.
To join the LBC Forum you must be a Member of the Lincolnshire Bird Club - Click here for Membership Information
If you would like to post an item, but ARE NOT a forum member please submit information using the Record Form: if suitable the information will be posted on the LBC Forum on your behalf.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:27 pm

LBC Homepage - The Photo Album - Submit a Record (for Non-members)/ or Request - LBC Forum Information and Access Help - Forum Information

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: LBC Members or not!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:13 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

I spent a very pleasant three hours at Whisby yesterday and met up with four birders, all of which are regular contributors to the Forum. I was very surprised when one told me he wasn't a member of the Bird Club. May I suggest that as this is the LBC Forum that the membership secretary checks the county based contributors and contact those who are not members and "invite" them to join! I don't see why non members should enjoy the excellent website free of charge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:22 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

I wholeheartedly concur - or make a charge to non members.

Post subject: Re: LBC Members or not!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:18 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Stuart Britton wrote:
I spent a very pleasant three hours at Whisby yesterday and met up with four birders, all of which are regular contributors to the Forum. I was very surprised when one told me he wasn't a member of the Bird Club. May I suggest that as this is the LBC Forum that the membership secretary checks the county based contributors and contact those who are not members and "invite" them to join! I don't see why non members should enjoy the excellent website free of charge.

Hello Stuart,

I am not a member of the Bird Club. Thought about it four years ago before I joined Lincs Bird News [now the LBC Forum]. The main reason I didn't and the same reason a mate of mine didn't, was that after reading about it, most of what went on was out of our area. Unless it's altered everything seemed to be happening in the south of the county. I was told that the nearest group to us was at Grimsby.

In regard to non members enjoying the excellent website free of charge. I will ask the following question:

[b]How many birders visit Lincs Wildlife Trust reserves, BUT are not members???? I willingly pay my yearly subscriptions and also give a donation. Why should non-members be allowed to visit these reserves free of charge!!

When your topic has been raised in the past, I have said that I would be willing to pay a donation towards the LBC Forum. But nothing ever comes of it.

BirdTrack is also an excellent free website, which allows me somewhere to store all my records...

Good evening.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:00 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Max,
I admire your honesty. I just feel that the Bird Club could benefit both financially and practically if all the benefactors of this Forum were to join. I, too, am a Trust member and voluntary warden - I ask to see visitors permits - that sorts it out! Finally, in view of the amount of stuff you put on this Forum, I suggest you join the LBC!

Post subject: LBC
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:51 am 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Stuart Britton wrote:
Max,
I admire your honesty. I just feel that the Bird Club could benefit both financially and practically if all the benefactors of this Forum were to join. I, too, am a Trust member and voluntary warden - I ask to see visitors permits - that sorts it out! Finally, in view of the amount of stuff you put on this Forum, I suggest you join the LBC!

Stuart,

Friends who know me well enough can always rely on me to tell the truth. Sometimes it may hurt people but i don't do it maliciously.

I would like to think that what I do put on the forum is interesting, both to the experienced and non-experienced among us.

I have two hobbies which luckily I can combine, that of bird/wildlife watching and writing.

Cheers

Post subject: lincs bird club
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:41 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

why should we join?,the last bird report was 1996,its now defunct apart from this forum!!!
roger.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:25 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Hi Roger,
Pleased to see that after a six month deliberation you've come up with a very valid point!! I know the Club Officers have had huge difficulties to find volunteers to do the vast amount of work required to produce an annual report but I do agree with you that something should have appeared in the last 10 years. Any comments from the Committee?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:24 pm 
South Lincs Bird recorder
South Lincs Bird recorder

The combined 1997-1999 bird report has come back from the printers. Anyone that is/was a member will be receiving a copy along with an invitation to the Annual General Meeting & illustrated talk within the next two weeks.

JB

Post subject: Re: LBC Members or not!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:34 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

I read this with great interest, as one suggests, being from the Grimsby area I did not feel included, especially that having joined over three years ago, I had not realised meetings were held in my area, believing they only existed in Horncastle.
Obviously it is my own fault, had I not happened to attend Grimsby Library last year for a totally different reason I would not even know now of the rather obscure meetings that I was not really invited to even when enquiring about them, instead it was suggested I attend some evening walks.
I am not really in full health to go walking around the countryside but have continued to pay my disputed membership fees because of my general interest in the UK's bird and wildlife.
I hold no grudge with any member of this group or with it's administration.
just that I ask they consider the infomation they supply and try to get some better understanding of their members.
Cheers,Bernard

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]