The Lincolnshire Bird Club

The LBC Forum. To register on this forum YOU must NOW be a member of the LBC - see Membership Page for details.
To join the LBC Forum you must be a Member of the Lincolnshire Bird Club - Click here for Membership Information
If you would like to post an item, but ARE NOT a forum member please submit information using the Record Form: if suitable the information will be posted on the LBC Forum on your behalf.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:49 am

LBC Homepage - The Photo Album - Submit a Record (for Non-members)/ or Request - LBC Forum Information and Access Help - Forum Information

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Hello and thank you to everyone taking the time to read this. My name is Benjamin or Ben and I am a new LBC member and forum user. In the scheme of things I have only quite recently found a real love for birds, around two years so far (I had previously been missing out!), and have been going out watching more keenly in the last year. I guess that I might be described as a younger enthusiast, though I really don’t feel young! I have from an early age very much always loved wildlife and wild places, I don’t drive and currently live in North Hykeham so I am very fortunate to be within walking distance of the LWT Whisby/North Hykeham pits area. Obviously most of my trips out are on a very local basis and are on foot (maximum 10 miles either way, though less if I have my newly acquired scope and tripod!) mainly to LWT Whisby/North Hykeham pits, LWT Tunman wood, Blackmoor, the Neville estate at Aubourn and most public footpaths in my general area. That being said I have had the odd trip out to a few places further afield notably a birthday trip to RSPB Frampton Marsh this August where seemingly everywhere I looked was a new species!, LWT Freiston, Far Ings, Gibraltar Point, Donna Nook and having spent very little time previously anywhere near to our coast in Lincolnshire I had no idea how truly important and special it is. I also fortuitously managed to get to see the Thornton Great Egret, after seeing it reported here I had the opportunity to visit the Abbey and was able to watch the bird for an hour including a few minutes of circling overhead in strong winds before flying towards the coast. I am clearly very much a true beginner (I do hope to become a good birder in the distant future!) spending practically all of my spare time when I can’t get out reading up from books that I am accumulating or from the local library’s (though I have pretty much exhausted their collection now) and of course information from the internet. Finding the LBC and its forum has been a blessing for which I am very grateful! I feel I have learnt a significant amount from reading back through the forum and of course the reports, truly an invaluable resource! A big thank you to everyone making it possible! So far I have only been out in the field on my own, though I am quite a shy person really, it would be brilliant to meet fellow members out and about. I would also be truly very grateful for any advice, tips and constructive criticism where it might be needed!

Yours sincerely,

Benjamin Ward.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:04 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Welcome Benjamin - and happy birding!

Roy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:30 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Hi Ben,
I'm pleased that you are finding the LBC and its' Forum so useful. Don't worry about being a beginner - everyone who contributes to the Forum was at some time! Seasons greeting,
Stuart.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:04 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi Ben,

Good to see some new young blood joining the bird club and forum.

Enjoy your birding, you have a lot to look forward to.

Andy.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:08 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Thank you most sincerely for the warm welcome, it is wonderful to be amongst such knowledgeable company, Roy, Stuart and Andy!

Kind regards,

Ben.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:46 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Young blood? Another fellow birder here Ben and look forward to meeting you at some point. Also I spend a bit of time around Lincoln so it would be good to meet up at some point. Welcome and happy birding

UK life list 310 (Harlequin Duck)
Lincolnshire List 246 (Puffin)
Village (Brigsley) list 99 (Shelduck)

Thanks Anthony

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:22 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Thank you for taking the time to welcome me Anthony. Excellent blog and brilliant pictures by the way! I certainly look forward to meeting up with you at some point.

Best regards,

Ben.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:50 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome =D>

Take nothing but photos - Leave nothing but footprints - Waste nothing but time

My website: http://www.birdmad.com
https://www.facebook.com/dean.eades1
http://www.flickr.com/photos/birdmad/
http://www.lcegroup.co.uk
http://www.Canon.co.uk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:52 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Thank you for the welcome Dean, I really enjoy your superb pictures!

Best regards,

Ben.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]