The Lincolnshire Bird Club

The LBC Forum. To register on this forum YOU must NOW be a member of the LBC - see Membership Page for details.
To join the LBC Forum you must be a Member of the Lincolnshire Bird Club - Click here for Membership Information
If you would like to post an item, but ARE NOT a forum member please submit information using the Record Form: if suitable the information will be posted on the LBC Forum on your behalf.

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:57 am

LBC Homepage - The Photo Album - Submit a Record (for Non-members)/ or Request - LBC Forum Information and Access Help - Forum Information

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:09 pm 

Hi,

I will list all the things included and the technical stuff at the end but basically this is a handheld pocket PC computer that is loaded with the Collins e-birdguide. If you have not see this, then check out the following web link, its a cracking bit of software that is basically an electronic field guide for all the birds of Britain, Europe, & North Africa. It shows multiple images, distribution maps and key identification features as per the paper copy.

Advantages over a normal paper field giude are the small size and light weight, but it will play fantastic audio clips of the bird calls and songs to aid identification.
Only disadvantage is that in bright sun conditions, the screen can be difficult to view if you cant find a shady spot. Other than that it is ideal.

http://www.wildsounds.com/
http://www.pdasolutions.co.za/

Check out all the positive reviews on the net. Just to confirm you get the original software, packaging and SD Card. This is not an illegal copy.

I am willing to let this go for a bargain £140 if collected from Barrow upon Humber. If posted then this would be an additional cost.

I am happy to demo it to anyone who is interested or answer any questions by PM or direct e-mail to mike.louise@virgin.net . First come first served but no offers please, including any for the software separately. I will leave this posted for two weeks, if not sold I will then list it on E-bay.

Thanks
Mike

Items Included…..
1. Dell Axim X30 Pocket PC inc all original manuals and discs (New cost ~£230). It also has Wifi, so you can surf the net and collect you e-mail on it via your wifi router or at any free hotspot (eg All McDonalds).
2. Docking station / PC sync / charging cradle for above. Note, Pocket PC’s do not necessarily need to be connected to your PC to function. This system will happily work as a stand alone unit to view the e-birdguide.
3. Hard Aluminium case to protect it in your pocket. (A bit battered, thus good condition of the PPC)
4. Collins E-guide software, including box and original 256mb SD Card. All legal (Cost £90). The software seems now to be bonded to this Axim and I couldn't copy it to my new work PDA/Phone, so this is why i am selling them together as a package.
5. Rikaline wired GPS receiver, with all leads necessary to connect to car cigar lighter and Pocket PC. Make this a fully functioning GPS / Satnav system. (Cost £50 new)
6. 2 GB memory card loaded with the E-guide software. It currently also has a copy of my Tomtom 5 satnav software on it also. This is fully functioning with all UK maps and main roads in Europe, it will allow you to check the satnav receiver and test the system. But please not that Tomtom license is not included in this sale. Legally you must buy your own satnav software if you like that functionality.
7. Altogether cost in excess of £400 new

Axim X30i Specification……..

Standard Specifications
- 64MB SDRAM / 64MB ROM
- 624Mz Intel XScale Processor
- Processor can be scaled down to conserve power
- TFT-LCD 16bit; Touch Sensitive; 3.5 inches
- Resolution of 240 x 320 at 65, 536 colours
- SD [Secure Digital] Slot [SDIO & MMC]
- Main Battery: 950 mAh Li-Ion Polymer removable & rechargeable
- Backup : 25mAh rechargeable
- Built-in microphone and speaker
- Stereo headphone connector
- Dimensions: [w]77.2mm x [h]122.4mm x [d]14.9mm
- Weight: 139 Grams

Connectivity
- Bluetooth Wireless Technology
- Inbuilt WiFi Technology [Wireless LAN]
- Infrared Port

Software Specifications
- Operating System : Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition
- Pocket PC 2003
- Pocket Outlook
- Pocket Word
- Pocket Excel
- Internet Explorer
- Email
- MSN Messenger
- Calendar/Appointments/Reminders
- Notes/Tasks

Entertainment
- Solitaire and Jawbreaker Games
- Media Player - Videos and Music

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]