The Lincolnshire Bird Club

The LBC Forum. To register on this forum YOU must NOW be a member of the LBC - see Membership Page for details.
To join the LBC Forum you must be a Member of the Lincolnshire Bird Club - Click here for Membership Information
If you would like to post an item, but ARE NOT a forum member please submit information using the Record Form: if suitable the information will be posted on the LBC Forum on your behalf.

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:19 am

LBC Homepage - The Photo Album - Submit a Record (for Non-members)/ or Request - LBC Forum Information and Access Help - Forum Information

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: ** WANTED **
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:59 pm 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Secondhand telescope in excellent condition with tripod and ease-of-carriage enhancements.

Preferably a zoom lens with 60x capability, easy-to-use tripod and would like the option to pay off the price in instalments as I have limited cash.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:34 am 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

In Focus have 2 bushnell spacemaster scopes with zoom eyepieces each at 149£ also a kowa 602 with 27 x at 129£, John.

Post subject: Re: ** WANTED **
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:03 am 
Lincs Bird Club Member
Lincs Bird Club Member

Katherine Birkett wrote:
Secondhand telescope in excellent condition with tripod and ease-of-carriage enhancements.

Preferably a zoom lens with 60x capability, easy-to-use tripod and would like the option to pay off the price in instalments as I have limited cash.

I have no experience of 60x lens, but I have one of the old Spacemaster scopes with a 25x lens. I would say start with something similar or those that John recommended. As far as I know all tripods are easy to use, it's the weight that is important, unless you have someone to carry it.

Keep checking this section or look on birdforum.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:45 pm 
Non LBC Member
Non LBC Member

I have an old Kowa TS 612 (straight) with '20X wide' eyepiece and stay-on case for sale; unfortunately it is on a tripod which could sink a battleship.

I'm guessing you wouldn't want the tripod, but I could let you have the scope on its own, and I wouldn't want much for it. Since nobody's said this already, might I suggest that 60X is very high and you might find image quality not very good at that magnification unless you had a scope which was optically fantastic, and that means expensive. Anyone else agree?

Although not quite matching the dizzying quality people are used to these days, my old scope is quite ok (it did for me for many years), and rather than worrying about the price too much I'd like to let it go to someone who would make good use of it.

Bill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:03 pm 
North Lincs Bird Recorder
North Lincs Bird Recorder

I absolutely agree Bill. 60x is virtually useless except in perfect conditions. I seldom use my scope beyond 30x

John

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]